education and training
- Ph.D. in Sociology, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1988
- M.A. in Sociology, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1985
- A.B. in Economics and Sociology, Harvard University - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 1981
- Sakamoto, A., & Hsu, L. i. (2020). Do second-generation Asian Americans face a systematic disadvantage in occupational attainment? Comment on Tran, Lee and Huang. Ethnic and Racial Studies. 43(3), 516-532.
- Cheng, S., Tamborini, C. R., Kim, C., & Sakamoto, A. (2019). Educational Variations in Cohort Trends in the Black-White Earnings Gap Among Men: Evidence From Administrative Earnings Data. DEMOGRAPHY. 56(6), 2253-2277.
- MAIA, A. G., & SAKAMOTO, A. (2018). Does wage reflect labor productivity? A comparison between Brazil and the United States. Brazilian Journal of Political Economy. 38(4), 629-649.
- Sakamoto, A., Tamborini, C. R., & Kim, C. (2018). Long-Term Earnings Differentials Between African American and White Men by Educational Level. Population Research and Policy Review. 37(1), 91-116.
- Kim, C., Tamborini, C. R., & Sakamoto, A. (2018). The Sources of Life Chances: Does Education, Class Category, Occupation, or Short-Term Earnings Predict 20-Year Long-Term Earnings?. Sociological Science. 5, 206-233.
- Sakamoto, A., Kim, C. H., & Takei, I. (2013). Moving out of the margins and into the mainstream: The demographics of Asian Americans in the New South. Asian Americans in Dixie: Race and Migration in the South. (pp. 131-164).
- Sakamoto, A., & Xie, Y. u. (2006). The Socioeconomic Attainments of Asian Americans. Asian Americans: Contemporary Trends and Issues Asian Americans: Contemporary trends and issues. (pp. 54-79). Sage Publications, Inc..
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Sociology; 4351 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4351