Dr. Sherman's research interests are focused on Type 2 diabetes self-management, Men's health, Quality and quantity of life among persons living with type 2 diabetes, and health education and wellness promotion. Dr. Sherman enjoys teaching and mentoring students to help prepare them for the next chapter in their in lives, both professionally and personally. Dr. Sherman has taught undergraduate courses in Environmental Health, Grant Writing, Healthy Lifestyles, and Contemporary Issues for Community Health Interns. He also has experience in teaching Program Planning for graduate students.
- Sherman, L. D., Patterson, M. S., Tomar, A., & Wigfall, L. T. (2020). Use of Digital Health Information for Health Information Seeking Among Men Living With Chronic Disease: Data From the Health Information National Trends Survey. American Journal of Men's Health. 14(1), 1557988320901377-155798832090137.
- Jackson, Z. A., & Sherman, L. D. (2019). National college health assessment sampling: Organizational barriers preventing black participation and organizational solutions for appropriate representation. J Am Coll Health. 67(6), 1-4.
- Wigfall, L. T., Sherman, L. D., Garney, W. R., Patterson, M. S., Montiel Ishino, F. A., & Vadaparampil, S. T. (2019). Are health care providers making the most of patient encounters to promote HPV vaccination among cigarette smokers?. Patient Education and Counseling. 103(1), 180-188.
- Sherman, L. D., & Smith, M. L. (2019). African American Fathers’ Perceived Role for the Dietary Behaviors of Their Children: A Qualitative Study. American Journal of Men's Health. 13(2), 1557988319840851-155798831984085.
- Sherman, L. D., & Grande, S. W. (2019). Building Better Clinical Relationships With Patients: An Argument for Digital Health Solutions With Black Men. Health Services Insights. 12, 1178632919834315-117863291983431.
- Griffith, D. M., Jaeger, E. C., Sherman, L. D., & Moore, H. J. (2019). Middle-aged men's health: Patterns and causes of health inequities during a pivotal period in the life course. Griffith, D. M., Bruce, M. A., & Thorpe, Jr, R. J. (Eds.), Men’s Health Equity A Handbook. (pp. 72-85). Routledge.
- Bonner, T., Sherman, L. D., Hurd, T. C., & Jones, L. A. (2016). Patient Navigation. Todd, K. H., & Thomas, J. (Eds.), Oncologic Emergency Medicine. (pp. 57-65). Springer International Publishing.
- Cousins, L. (2014). Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health. Cousins, L. H. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Human Services and Diversity. Sage Publications, Inc..
- Sherman, L. D. (2012). Nutrition Programs. Loue, S., & Sajatovic, M. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Immigrant Health. (pp. 1140-1142). Springer New York.