education and training
- Ph.D. in Earth and Environmental Sciences, Lehigh University - (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States) 2012
- M.Sc. in Physical Geography, University of Quebec at Montreal - (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) 2008
- B.Sc. in Physical Geography, University of Quebec at Montreal - (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) 2006
- Loisel, J., MacDonald, G. M., & Thomson, M. J. (2017). Little Ice Age climatic erraticism as an analogue for future enhanced hydroclimatic variability across the American Southwest. PLoS ONE. 12(10), e0186282-e0186282.
- Loisel, J., Yu, Z., Beilman, D. W., Kaiser, K., & Parnikoza, I. (2017). Peatland Ecosystem Processes in the Maritime Antarctic During Warm Climates. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 7(1), 12344.
- Treat, C. C., Jones, M. C., Camill, P., Gallego-Sala, A., Garneau, M., Harden, J. W., ... Valiranta, M. (2016). Effects of permafrost aggradation on peat properties as determined from a pan-Arctic synthesis of plant macrofossils. Journal of Geophysical Research Biogeosciences. 121(1), 78-94.
- Yu, Z., Beilman, D. W., & Loisel, J. (2016). Transformations of landscape and peat-forming ecosystems in response to late Holocene climate change in the western Antarctic Peninsula. Geophysical Research Letters. 43(13), 7186-7195.
- Charman, D. J., Beilman, D. W., Blaauw, M., Booth, R. K., Brewer, S., Chambers, F. M., ... Zhao, Y. (2013). Climate-related changes in peatland carbon accumulation during the last millennium. BIOGEOSCIENCES. 10(2), 929-944.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Geography; 3115 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3115