Research interests focus health insurance, the effects of legislation and regulation in health and health care, outcomes research, and hospital economics. The third edition of his graduate textbook, Health Insurance, was published by Health Administration Press in 2020. He is the author of six other books, and more than 180 peer-reviewed papers on health economics and health policy.
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States) 1979
- M.A. in Economics, University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States) 1975
- B.A. in Economics, Northern State University - (Aberdeen, South Dakota, United States) 1974
- Giannouchos, T., Kum, H., Ohsfeldt, R., Gary, J., & Morrisey, M. (2020). Medicaid Expansion Resulted in Decreased Odds of Frequent Emergency Department Use Among Medicaid Beneficiaries and the Uninsured in New York. Health Serv Res. 55(S1), 77-77.
- Sen, B., Sharma, P., Blackburn, J., Morrisey, M., Corvey, K., Menachemi, N., Caldwell, C., & Becker, D. (2020). The Rise in Pediatric Obesity-Related Conditions and Costs in Public Insurance Programs: Evidence from Alabama. Childhood Obesity. 16(4), 291-299.
- Blackburn, J., Sharma, P., Corvey, K., Morrisey, M. A., Menachemi, N., Sen, B., Caldwell, C., & Becker, D. (2019). Assessing the Quality Measure for Follow-up Care After Children’s Psychiatric Hospitalizations. Hospital Pediatrics. 9(11), hpeds.2019-hpeds.0137.
- Sen, B. P., Blackburn, J., Morrisey, M. A., Kilgore, M. L., Menachemi, N., Caldwell, C., & Becker, D. J. (2019). Impact of Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act on Costs and Utilization in Alabama's Children's Health Insurance Program. Academic Pediatrics. 19(1), 27-34.
- Bronstein, J., Sen, B., Morrisey, M., Blackburn, J., Kilgore, M., Engler, S., & Smith, W. (2018). Assessing the Impact of Case Management on Medicaid Clients with Chronic Diseases. Social Work in Public Health. 33(4), 1-11.
- Morrisey, M. A. (2013). Health Insurance. Health Administration Press.
- Morrisey, M. A. (2008). Health Insurance. Sage Publications, Inc..
- Morrisey, M. A. (2005). Price Sensitivity in Health Care: Implications for Health Policy, Second Editiion. NFIB Research Foundation.
- Morrisey, M. A. (1994). Cost Shifting in Health Care Separating Evidence from Rhetoric. American Enterprise Institute.
- Morrisey, M. A. (1992). Price Sensitivity in Health Care: Implications for Health Care Policy. NFIB Foundation.
- Morrisey, M. A., & Jensen, G. A. (2019). State Small-Group Insurance Reform. Rich, R. F., & White, W. D. (Eds.), Health Policy, Federalism, and the American States. (pp. 71-95). Routledge.
- Morrisey, M. A. (2014). Cost Shifting. Encyclopedia of Health Economics. (pp. 126-129). Elsevier.
- Morrisey, M. A. (2014). State Insurance Mandates in the USA. Encyclopedia of Health Economics. (pp. 348-351). Elsevier.
- Morrisey, M. A. (2013). Health Insurance in the United States. Handbook of Insurance. (pp. 957-995). Springer New York.
- Morrisey, M. A., & Wolinsky, F. D. (2000). Nursing Homes and the Long Term Care Market. Clair, J. M., & Allman, R. M. (Eds.), The Gerontological Prism Developing Interdisciplinary Bridges. (pp. 193-215). Baywood Publishing Company.