Lechuga, Vicente individual record
My research focuses on innovative ways to conduct qualitative research with regard to higher education policy and organizations. I also teach graduate level courses in higher education administration, higher education policy, and diversity issues in postsecondary institutions.
education and training
- D.Ed. in Educational Leadership, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 2005
- M.Ed. in Post secondary Administration and Student Affairs, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 2002
- M.M. in Classical Music Performance, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 1995
- B.S. in Recording Arts/Audio Engineering, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 1992
- Harrell, K., Lechuga, V. M., & Hudock, M. M. (2022). Its more complicated than it seems: understanding nonverbal indicators of sexual consent among college students. Journal of Gender-Based Violence. 1-17.
- Lechuga, V. M. (2014). A motivation perspective on faculty mentoring: the notion of "non-intrusive" mentoring practices in science and engineering. HIGHER EDUCATION. 68(6), 909-926.
- Lechuga, V. M (2012). Emotional Management and Motivation: A Case Study of Underrepresented Faculty. New Directions for Institutional Research. 2012(155), 85-98.
- Lechuga, V. M. (2012). Latino Faculty in STEM Disciplines: Motivation to Engage in Research Activities. JOURNAL OF LATINOS AND EDUCATION. 11(2), 107-123.
- Lechuga, V. M. (2012). Exploring culture from a distance: the utility of telephone interviews in qualitative research. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF QUALITATIVE STUDIES IN EDUCATION. 25(3), 251-268.
- Pasque, P. A. (2016). Qualitative Inquiry in Higher Education Organization and Policy Research. Taylor & Francis.
- Lechuga, V. M (2016). The Changing Landscape of the Academic Profession Faculty Culture at For-Profit Colleges and Universities. Routledge.
- Lechuga, V. M. (2005). The Changing Landscape of the Academic Profession, The Culture of Faculty at For-Profit Colleges and Universities. Taylor & Francis.
- (2012). For-Profit Colleges and Universities Their Markets, Regulation, Performance, and Place in Higher Education. Stylus Publishing, LLC..
awards and honors
- Linda F. and Robert A. Lacey 60 Faculty Fellowship conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - 3 year fellowship 2012
recent teaching activities
- EDAD612 Poly In Adm Higher Ed Instructor
- EDAD618 Edad In Crss Cult Envi Instructor
- EDAD618 Found Soc Just Stud Aff Admin Instructor
- EDAD627 Case Studies Higher Ed Instructor
- EDAD639 Found Of Educ Admin Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Lewis, Jesse Marcus Shelton (2018-12). The Impact of Accreditation on Institutional Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes: A Case Study of Historically Black Colleges and Universities. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Harrell, Kristen Arlene (2017-12). Nonverbal Indicators of Sexual Consent in College Students. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Gallant, Danny Ray (2015-12). An Examination of the Transition of Military Veterans to College. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Brewer, Robert A. (2015-12). Senior University Administrators' Perceptions of Purpose and Value Transmission Based on Organizational Identity at their Home and Branch Campus. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Beard, Ryan Jamail (2014-12). Analysis of State Appropriations to Higher Education: Florida and Texas. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Educational Adm & Human Resources Development; 4226 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4226