The main focus of my research program is to better understand the impact of soil management practices on the fate and transformations of nutrients and carbon in the soil and water. My goal is improve nutrient cycling and carbon storage in soils through better land management that is economically viable and environmentally responsible. Understanding transformations of nutrients and carbon in an agroecosystem is an important aspect of the research goal.
- Joshi, P. P., Van Cleave, A., Held, D. W., Howe, J. A., & Auad, M. L. (2020). Preparation of slow release encapsulated insecticide and fertilizer based on superabsorbent polysaccharide microbeads. Journal of Applied Polymer Science. 137(39), 49177-49177.
- Lin, Y., Watts, D. B., Torbert, H. A., & Howe, J. A. (2020). Influence of nitrogen rate on winter canola production in the southeastern United States. AGRONOMY JOURNAL. 112(4), 2978-2987.
- Lin, Y., Watts, D. B., Torbert, H. A., Howe, J. A., & Feng, Y. (2020). Integration of poultry litter and mineral nitrogen on growth and yield of winter canola. AGRONOMY JOURNAL. 112(4), 2496-2505.
- Yang, R., Howe, J. A., & Golden, B. R. (2019). Calcium silicate slag reduces drought stress in rice (Oryza sativa L.). JOURNAL OF AGRONOMY AND CROP SCIENCE-ZEITSCHRIFT FUR ACKER UND PFLANZENBAU. 205(4), 353-361.
- Morash, J., Wright, A., LeBleu, C., Meder, A., Kessler, R., Brantley, E., & Howe, J. (2019). Increasing Sustainability of Residential Areas Using Rain Gardens to Improve Pollutant Capture, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Resilience. SUSTAINABILITY. 11(12), 3269-3269.