food safety; molecular toxicology; elucidation of fundamental chemical mechanisms of toxic action/interaction of food-borne carcinogens; mutagens; and developmental toxicants; and development of methods to detect and detoxify foodborne and environmental toxins.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of Southern Mississippi - (Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States) 1975
- M.S. in Science Education/Chemistry, University of Southern Mississippi - (Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States) 1972
- B.S. in General Science, Mississippi State University - (Starkville, Mississippi, United States) 1970
- Wang, M., Safe, S., Hearon, S. E., & Phillips, T. D. (2019). Strong adsorption of Polychlorinated Biphenyls by processed montmorillonite clays: Potential applications as toxin enterosorbents during disasters and floods. ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION. 255(Pt 1), 113210-113210.
- Wang, M., Hearon, S. E., & Phillips, T. D. (2019). Development of enterosorbents that can be added to food and water to reduce toxin exposures during disasters. Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part B. 54(6), 514-524.
- Wang, M., Hearon, S. E., Johnson, N. M., & Phillips, T. D. (2019). Development of broad-acting clays for the tight adsorption of benzo [a] pyrene and aldicarb. Applied Clay Science. 168, 196-202.
- Phillips, T. D., Wang, M., Elmore, S. E., Hearon, S., & Wang, J. (2019). NOVASIL CLAY FOR THE PROTECTION OF HUMANS AND ANIMALS FROM AFLATOXINS AND OTHER CONTAMINANTS. Clays and Clay Minerals. 67(1), 99-110.
- Xue, K. S., Qian, G., Lin, S., Su, J., Tang, L., Gelderblon, W., ... Wang, J. (2018). Modulation of pre-neoplastic biomarkers induced by sequential aflatoxin B-1 and fumonisin B-1 exposure in F344 rats treated with UPSN clay. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 114, 316-324.
- Onel, M., Beykal, B., Wang, M., Grimm, F. A., Zhou, L., Wright, F. A., ... Pistikopoulos, E. N. (2018). Optimal Chemical Grouping and Sorbent Material Design by Data Analysis, Modeling and Dimensionality Reduction Techniques. 20TH EUROPEAN SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER AIDED PROCESS ENGINEERING. 28th European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering. (pp. 421-426). Elsevier.
- Jolly, P. E., Jiang, Y., Ellis, W. O., Sheng-Wang, J., Afriyie-Gyawu, E., Phillips, T. D., & Williams, J. H. (2008). Modulation of the human immune system by aflatoxin. Mycotoxins: Detection Methods, Management, Public Health and Agricultural Trade. (pp. 41-52).
- Afriyie-Gyawu, E., Williams, J. H., Huebner, H. J., Ankrah, N. A., Ofori-Adjei, D., Jolly, P. E., Wang, J. S., & Phillips, T. D. (2008). NovaSil™clay for the management of dietary aflatoxins in human populations. Mycotoxins: Detection Methods, Management, Public Health and Agricultural Trade. (pp. 301-308).
- Huebner, H. J., Herrera, P., & Phillips, T. D. (2008). Clay-Based Interventions for the Control of Chemical and Microbial Hazards in Food and Water. Preharvest and Postharvest Food Safety: Contemporary Issues and Future Directions. (pp. 389-402). Blackwell Publishing.
- Phillips, T., Afriyie-Gyawu, E., Wang, J., Williams, J., & Huebner, H. (2006). The potential of aflatoxin sequestering clay. The Mycotoxin Factbook: Food & Feed Topics. (pp. 329-346).
- Ramirez, A. G., Munoz, E., Long-Parma, D., Holden, A., Trevino, A. M., Phillips, T. D., & Pollock, B. (2016). Behavioral and clinical correlates of hepatocellular carcinoma among residents of South Central Texas: A case-control study. CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGY BIOMARKERS & PREVENTION. 25(3),
- Romoser, A. A., Marroquin-Cardona, A., & Phillips, T. D. (2013). Managing Risks Associated With Feeding Aflatoxin Contaminated Feed. 35-50.
- Phillips, T. D. (2008). AGFD 147-Clay-based therapy for humans and animals at high risk for aflatoxicosis. ACS Photonics. 235,
- Phillips, T. D. (2006). Clay-based enterosorbents for aflatoxins. ACS Photonics. 232, 234-234.
- Phillips, T. D., Wang, J. S., Ofori-Adjei, D., Afriyie-Gyawu, E., Huebner, H. J., Ankrah, N. A., Jolly, P. E., & Williams, J. H. (2006). Clay-based interventions for aflatoxins. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 96(6), S152-S153.
- Phillips, T., & Carpenter, R. (2017). Composition and methods for the enterosorption and management of toxins.
- Phillips, T., Clement, B., Heidelbaugh, N., Gordon, W., & Gordon, L. (1993). Selective immobilization and detection of mycotoxins in solution.
- Taylor, D., Delaney, K., & Phillips, T. (1992). Animal feed additive and method for inactivating mycotoxins present in animal feeds.