I am an Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy (RCOP). I obtained my Ph.D. at Okayama University, Japan, in 2007. Since that, I have acquired ample experience in drug discovery research. I completed more than 5 research grants (as PI, Co-PI, and Consultant), I received an initial grant (as PI) at RCOP funded by an international foundation, and recently, I got additional three grants (as PI and Co-PI). I have published more than 50 peer-reviewed articles in the field of Medicinal Chemistry and Computer-Aided Drug Discovery. I have served as an ad hoc reviewer for many scientific journals, as an active member of several scientific associations, and as a Chair of the Admission Committee at RCOP. Moreover, I have extensive experience in the teaching of Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Design for more than 25 years. During my teaching capacities, I received an excellent evaluation from Pharmacy students to get an honor of \"Teacher of the Year\" in 2017 and \"Teaching Team of the Year\" from 2013 to 2017 at RCOP.
- Azam, F., Abodabos, H. S., Taban, I. M., Rfieda, A. R., Mahmood, D., Anward, J., ... Ali, H. I. (2019). Rutin as promising drug for the treatment of Parkinson's disease: an assessment of MAO-B inhibitory potential by docking, molecular dynamics and DFT studies. MOLECULAR SIMULATION. 45(18), 1563-1571.
- Gad, S. A., Ali, H., Gaballa, R., Abdelsalam, R. M., Zerfaoui, M., Ali, H. I., ... Abd Elmageed, Z. Y. (2019). Targeting CDC7 sensitizes resistance melanoma cells to BRAF(V600E)-specific inhibitor by blocking the CDC7/MCM2-7 pathway. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 9(1), 14197.
- Abdelhafez, O. M., Ahmed, E. Y., Latif, N., Arafa, R. K., Abd Elmageed, Z. Y., & Ali, H. I. (2019). Design and molecular modeling of novel P38 alpha MAPK inhibitors targeting breast cancer, synthesized from oxygen heterocyclic natural compounds. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 27(7), 1308-1319.
- Ali, H., Lung, P., Sholl, A. B., Gad, S. A., Bustamante, J. J., Ali, H. I., ... Abd Elmageed, Z. Y. (2018). Dysregulated gene expression predicts tumor aggressiveness in African-American prostate cancer patients. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 8(1), 16335.
- Malki, W. H., Gouda, A. M., Ali, H., Al-Rousan, R., Samaha, D., Abdalla, A. N., ... Ali, H. I. (2018). Structural-based design, synthesis, and antitumor activity of novel alloxazine analogues with potential selective kinase inhibition. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY. 152, 31-52.
- Ali, H., Lung, P., Gad, S., Sholl, A., Ali, H. I., Zhang, J., & Abd Elmageed, Z. Y. (2018). Transcriptome-wide profiling identifies novel differential genes associated with health disparity of prostate cancer. CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGY BIOMARKERS & PREVENTION. 27(7), 128-128.
- Mahmoud, S. A., Mohamed, M. S., Abou Taleb, N. A., Nagamatsu, T., & Ali, H. I. (2015). Antitumor studies: Design, synthesis, antitumor activity and molecular docking study of novel 2-deoxo-2-substituted-5-deazaalloxazines. CANCER RESEARCH. 75,