Meagher, Mary individual record
education and training
- Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1993
- Ph.D. in Experimental and Biological Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States) 1989
- B.S. in Psychology, Nazareth College - (Rochester, New York, United States) 1982
- A.A. in Art & Design, Rochester Institute of Technology - (Rochester, New York, United States) 1980
- Albu, S., & Meagher, M. W. (2019). Divergent effects of conditioned pain modulation on subjective pain and nociceptive-related brain activity. Experimental Brain Research. 237(7), 1735-1744.
- You, D. S., Albu, S., Lisenbardt, H., & Meagher, M. W. (2019). Cumulative Childhood Adversity as a Risk Factor for Common Chronic Pain Conditions in Young Adults.. Pain Medicine (United States). 20(3), 486-494.
- Rassu, F. S., Linsenbardt, H. R., Fields, S. A., & Meagher, M. W. (2018). Does Pain Impact Preference? the Effect of Tonic Laboratory Pain on Discounting of Delayed Rewards. Journal of Pain. 19(9), 962-972.
- You, D. S., & Meagher, M. W. (2018). Childhood Adversity and Pain Facilitation. Psychosom Med. 80(9), 869-879.
- You, D. S., Haney, R., Albu, S., & Meagher, M. W. (2018). Generalized Pain Sensitization and Endogenous Oxytocin in Individuals With Symptoms of Migraine: A Cross-Sectional Study. Headache The Journal of Head and Face Pain. 58(1), 62-77.
- Welsh, C. J., Steelman, A. J., Young, C. R., Linsenbardt, H. R., & Meagher, M. W. (2016). Neuroendocrine-Immune Interactions in Neurotropic Viral Infections. Neurotropic Viral Infections. (pp. 305-333). Springer International Publishing.
- Allen, C., Grau, J. W., & Meagher, M. W. (2009). The Lower Bounds of Cognition: What Do Spinal Cords Reveal?. The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy and Neuroscience. Oxford University Press.
- Welsh, C. J., Steelman, A. J., Sieve, A. N., Mi, W., Johnson, R. R., Young, C. R., Prentice, T. W., & Meagher, M. W. (2008). Neuroendocrine-immune interactions in neurotropic viral infections. Neurotropic Viral Infections. (pp. 300-314). Cambridge University Press.
- Meagher, M. W., Johnson, R., Good, E., & Jane Welsh, C. (2007). Social Stress Alters the Severity of a Virally Initiated Model of Multiple Sclerosis. Psychoneuroimmunology, Two-Volume Set. (pp. 1107-1124). Elsevier.
- Welsh, C. J., Wentao, M. i., Sieve, A., Steelman, A., Johnson, R. R., Young, C. R., ... Meagher, M. W. (2006). The Effects of Restraint Stress on the Neuropathogenesis of Theiler’s Virus-induced Demyelination: A Murine Model for Multiple Sclerosis. Neural and Neuroendocrine Mechanisms in Host Defense and Autoimmunity. (pp. 190-215). Springer Us.
awards and honors
- Fellow conferred by American Psychological Association - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - Division 12 2010
- Cornerstone Fellow conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - College of Liberal Arts 2008
- Fellow conferred by American Psychological Association - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - Division 6 2003
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Linsenbardt, Hans Robert (2018-08). Mechanisms of Alcohol Withdrawal-Induced Hyperalgesia in Young Adults. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rassu, Fenan Samson (2016-12). The Impact of Tonic Pain on Impulsive Decision-Making. (Master's Thesis)
- You, Dokyoung Sophia (2012-08). The Impact of Adverse Childhood Events on Temporal Summation of Second Pain. (Master's Thesis)
- Vichaya, Elisabeth Good (2011-05). The Impact of Social Stress on Central Nervous System Inflammation and T Cell Response to Theiler's Virus Infection. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Frazier, Mallory Ann (2010-08). Social Stress Sensitizes Theiler's Virus-induced Cytokine Expresssion. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Psychology; 4235 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4235