Meagher, Mary individual record
education and training
- Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1993
- Ph.D. in Experimental and Biological Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States) 1989
- B.S. in Psychology, Nazareth College - (Rochester, New York, United States) 1982
- A.A. in Art & Design, Rochester Institute of Technology - (Rochester, New York, United States) 1980
- Albu, S., & Meagher, M. W. (2019). Divergent effects of conditioned pain modulation on subjective pain and nociceptive-related brain activity. Experimental Brain Research. 237(7), 1735-1744.
- You, D. S., Albu, S., Lisenbardt, H., & Meagher, M. W. (2019). Cumulative Childhood Adversity as a Risk Factor for Common Chronic Pain Conditions in Young Adults.. Pain Medicine (United States). 20(3), 486-494.
- Rassu, F. S., Linsenbardt, H. R., Fields, S. A., & Meagher, M. W. (2018). Does Pain Impact Preference? the Effect of Tonic Laboratory Pain on Discounting of Delayed Rewards. Journal of Pain. 19(9), 962-972.
- You, D. S., & Meagher, M. W. (2018). Childhood Adversity and Pain Facilitation. Psychosom Med. 80(9), 869-879.
- You, D. S., Haney, R., Albu, S., & Meagher, M. W. (2018). Generalized Pain Sensitization and Endogenous Oxytocin in Individuals With Symptoms of Migraine: A Cross-Sectional Study. Headache The Journal of Head and Face Pain. 58(1), 62-77.
- You, D. S., & Meagher, M. W. (2013). ASSOCIATION BETWEEN TEMPORAL SUMMATION OF SECOND PAIN AND SUBCLINICAL BORDERLINE PERSONALITY CHARACTERISTICS. Ann Behav Med. 45, S226-S226.
- Welsh, C. J., Steelman, A. J., Mi, W., Young, C. R., Dean, D. D., Storts, R., Welsh, T. H., & Meagher, M. W. (2010). Effects of Stress on the Immune Response to Theiler’s Virus – Implications for Virus-Induced Autoimmunity. Neuroimmunomodulation. 17(3), 169-172.
- Welsh, C. J., Steelman, A. J., Mi, W., Young, C. R., Storts, R., Welsh, T. H., & Meagher, M. W. (2009). Neuroimmune Interactions in a Model of Multiple Sclerosis. TRENDS IN COMPARATIVE ENDOCRINOLOGY AND NEUROBIOLOGY. 1153(1), 209-219.
- Welsh, C., Mi, W., Sieve, A., Steelman, A., Johnson, R. R., Young, C. R., ... Meagher, M. W. (2004). Impact of stress on an animal model of multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 154(1-2), 42-42.
- Meagher, M. W., Johnson, R. R., Welsh, T. H., Storts, R. W., & Welsh, C. (2004). Social stress exacerbates the acute and chronic phase of Theiler's virus infection. J Neuroimmunol. 154(1-2), 45-45.
awards and honors
- Fellow conferred by American Psychological Association - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - Division 12 2010
- Cornerstone Fellow conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - College of Liberal Arts 2008
- Fellow conferred by American Psychological Association - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - Division 6 2003
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Linsenbardt, Hans Robert (2018-08). Mechanisms of Alcohol Withdrawal-Induced Hyperalgesia in Young Adults. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rassu, Fenan Samson (2016-12). The Impact of Tonic Pain on Impulsive Decision-Making. (Master's Thesis)
- You, Dokyoung Sophia (2012-08). The Impact of Adverse Childhood Events on Temporal Summation of Second Pain. (Master's Thesis)
- Vichaya, Elisabeth Good (2011-05). The Impact of Social Stress on Central Nervous System Inflammation and T Cell Response to Theiler's Virus Infection. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Frazier, Mallory Ann (2010-08). Social Stress Sensitizes Theiler's Virus-induced Cytokine Expresssion. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Psychology; 4235 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4235