Theoretical Nuclear Physics. Development and application of microscopic theory of various static and dynamic properties of nuclei, considered as many-body systems of strongly interacting constituents, with emphasis on nuclear structure and reaction. Of particular interest are the topics of nuclear spectroscopy within the shell-model and collective models, effects of correlations on properties of nuclei, Coulomb displacement energies and charge density distributions, linear response function and giant resonances, deep-inelastic lepton nucleus scattering, level density, properties of hot nuclei and heavy-ion collisions.
- Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science - (Rehovot, Israel) 1973
- M.Sc. in Nuclear Physics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem - (Jerusalem, Israel) 1966
- B.Sc. in Physics and Mathematics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem - (Jerusalem, Israel) 1964
- Bonasera, G., Shlomo, S., Youngblood, D. H., Lui, Y., Krishichayan, .., & Button, J. (2019). Isoscalar and isovector giant resonances in Mo-92,Mo-94,Mo-96,Mo-98,Mo-100 and Zr-90,Zr-92,Zr-94. Nuclear Physics A. 992, 121612-121612.
- Gorelik, M. L., Shlomo, S., Tulupov, B. A., & Urin, M. H. (2018). On unitarity of the particle–hole dispersive optical model. Nuclear Physics A. 970, 353-365.
- Kolomietz, V. M., Sanzhur, A. I., & Shlomo, S. (2018). Self-consistent mean-field approach to the statistical level density in spherical nuclei. Physical Review C. 97(6),
- Shlomo, S., & Anders, M. R. (2017). A novel method for determining the single particle potential directly from the measured single particle density: Application to the charge density difference between the isotones 206Pb–205Tl. Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics. 81(10), 1230-1238.
- Kolomietz, V. M., & Shlomo, S. (2017). Bulk and isospin instabilities in hot nuclear matter. Physical Review C. 95(5), 054613.
- Shlomo, S., Bonasera, G., & Anders, M. R. (2019). Giant resonances in 40,48Ca, 68Ni, 90Zr, 116Sn, 144Sm and 208Pb and properties of nuclear matter. WORKSHOP ON DARK MATTER, UNIFICATION AND NEUTRINO PHYSICS (CETUP 2012). 2150, 030011.
- Shlomo, S., Talmi, I., Anders, M. R., & Bonasera, G. (2018). Effect of short-range correlations on the single proton 3s1/2 wave function in 206Pb. 7TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON APPLIED SUPERCONDUCTIVITY (EUCAS'05). 966(1), 012013-012013.
- Shlomo, S., & Anders, M. R. (2017). A novel method for determining the mean-field directly from the single particle matter density. WORKSHOP ON DARK MATTER, UNIFICATION AND NEUTRINO PHYSICS (CETUP 2012). 1852, 020003.
- Gorelik, M. L., Shlomo, S., Tulupov, B. A., & Urin, M. H. (2016). Properties of isoscalar monopole particle-hole-type excitations in 208Pb. EPJ Web of Conferences. 107, 05008-05008.
- Shlomo, S., Anders, M. R., & Talmi, I. (2015). A novel method for determining the mean-field directly from the single particle matter density. 7TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON APPLIED SUPERCONDUCTIVITY (EUCAS'05). 633(1), 012028-012028.
- Anders, Mason Robert (2015-08). Determination of Constraints on the Skyrme Energy Density Functional and the Mean Field via the 3S1/2 State in 206pb. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pochivalov, Oleksiy Grigorievich (2006-12). Description of isoscalar giant dipole resonance in nuclei. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Vuong, Au Kim (2003-05). New Skyrme nucleon-nucleon interaction for the mean-field approximation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Karki, Bhishma (2000). Microscopic description of isoscalar giant resonance excitations in ??Ca and ???SN nuclei. (Master's Thesis)
- Bouttchenko, Sviatoslav Olegovich (1998). The structure of energy levels in ???RU. (Master's Thesis)