Theoretical Nuclear Physics. Development and application of microscopic theory of various static and dynamic properties of nuclei, considered as many-body systems of strongly interacting constituents, with emphasis on nuclear structure and reaction. Of particular interest are the topics of nuclear spectroscopy within the shell-model and collective models, effects of correlations on properties of nuclei, Coulomb displacement energies and charge density distributions, linear response function and giant resonances, deep-inelastic lepton nucleus scattering, level density, properties of hot nuclei and heavy-ion collisions.
- Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science - (Rehovot, Israel) 1973
- M.Sc. in Nuclear Physics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem - (Jerusalem, Israel) 1966
- B.Sc. in Physics and Mathematics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem - (Jerusalem, Israel) 1964
- Shlomo, S., Cyclotron Institute, T., Sanzhur, A. I., & Institute for Nuclear Research, A. (2020). Energy density functional and sensitivity of energies of giant resonances to bulk nuclear matter properties. Nuclear Physics and Atomic Energy. 21(2), 113-128.
- Button, J., Lui, Y., Youngblood, D. H., Chen, X., Bonasera, G., & Shlomo, S. (2019). Isoscalar E0, E1, and E2 strength in Fe54 and Zn64,68. Physical Review C. 100(6), 064318.
- Bonasera, G., Shlomo, S., Youngblood, D. H., Lui, Y., Krishichayan, .., & Button, J. (2019). Isoscalar and isovector giant resonances in 92,94,96,98,100Mo and 90,92,94Zr. Nuclear Physics A. 992, 121612-121612.
- Bonasera, G., Anders, M. R., & Shlomo, S. (2018). Giant resonances in Ca40,48, Ni68, Zr90, Sn116, Sm144, and Pb208. Physical Review C. 98(5), 054316.
- Kolomietz, V. M., Sanzhur, A. I., & Shlomo, S. (2018). Self-consistent mean-field approach to the statistical level density in spherical nuclei. Physical Review C. 97(6), 064302.
- Shlomo, S., Kolomietz, V. M., & Colò, G. (2006). Deducing the nuclear-matter incompressibility coefficient from data on isoscalar compression modes. Dynamics and Thermodynamics with Nuclear Degrees of Freedom. (pp. 23-30). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Agrawal, B. K., Shlomo, S., & Kim Au, V. (2005). Breathing mode energy and nuclear matter incompressibility coefficient within relativistic and non-relativistic models. The 4th International Conference on Exotic Nuclei and Atomic Masses. (pp. 525-526). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Shlomo, S., Akulinichev, S. V., Kulagin, S. A., & Vagradov, G. M. (1986). Nuclear Effects in Deep-Inelastic Lepton-Nucleus Scattering. Weak and Electromagnetic Interactions in Nuclei. (pp. 400-403). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Shlomo, S., Bonasera, G., & Anders, M. R. (2019). Giant resonances in 40,48Ca, 68Ni, 90Zr, 116Sn, 144Sm and 208Pb and properties of nuclear matter. EXPERIMENTAL CHAOS. 2150, 030011.
- Shlomo, S., Talmi, I., Anders, M. R., & Bonasera, G. (2018). Effect of short-range correlations on the single proton 3s1/2 wave function in 206Pb. Journal of Physics Conference Series. 966(1), 012013-012013.
- Shlomo, S., & Anders, M. R. (2017). A novel method for determining the mean-field directly from the single particle matter density. EXPERIMENTAL CHAOS. 1852, 020003.
- Gorelik, M. L., Shlomo, S., Tulupov, B. A., & Urin, M. H. (2016). Properties of isoscalar monopole particle-hole-type excitations in 208Pb. EPJ Web of Conferences. 107, 05008-05008.
- Shlomo, S., Anders, M. R., & Talmi, I. (2015). A novel method for determining the mean-field directly from the single particle matter density. Journal of Physics Conference Series. 633(1), 012028-012028.
- Bonasera, Giacomo (2019-08). Mean-Field Investigation of Strength Functions of Giant Resonances Compared with the Unexpected Experimental Characteristics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Anders, Mason Robert (2015-08). Determination of Constraints on the Skyrme Energy Density Functional and the Mean Field via the 3S1/2 State in 206pb. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pochivalov, Oleksiy Grigorievich (2006-12). Description of isoscalar giant dipole resonance in nuclei. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Vuong, Au Kim (2003-05). New Skyrme nucleon-nucleon interaction for the mean-field approximation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Karki, Bhishma (2000). Microscopic description of isoscalar giant resonance excitations in ??Ca and ???SN nuclei. (Master's Thesis)