Dr. Anciso's area of research is vegetable pest management, vegetable production and food safety on the farm known as Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs). He has written several scientific and popular articles on vegetable pest management and food safety on the farm. He attends the annual USDA IR-4 Food Use Workshop as the plant pathology representative for Texas. He also represents Texas on the National Good Agricultural Practices committee and United Fresh's GAPs Harmonization effort that addresses GAPs food safety in produce.
- Enciso, J., Jifon, J., Anciso, J., & Ribera, L. (2015). Productivity of onions using subsurface drip irrigation versus furrow irrigation systems with an internet based irrigation scheduling program. International Journal of Agronomy. 2015, 1-6.
- Ribera, L. A., Palma, M. A., Paggi, M., Knutson, R., Masabni, J. G., & Anciso, J. (2012). Economic Analysis of Food Safety Compliance Costs and Foodborne Illness Outbreaks in the United States. HORTTECHNOLOGY. 22(2), 150-156.
- Goolsby, J. A., Adamczyk, J. J., Crosslin, J. M., Troxclair, N. N., Anciso, J. R., Bester, G. G., ... Zens, B. A. (2012). Seasonal population dynamics of the potato psyllid (hemiptera: Triozidae) and its associated pathogen \"candidatus liberibacter solanacearum\" in potatoes in the southern great plains of North America. Journal of Economic Entomology. 105(4), 1268-1276.
- Nansen, C., Vaughn, K., Xue, Y., Rush, C., Workneh, F., Goolsby, J., ... Martini, X. (2011). A decision-support tool to predict spray deposition of insecticides in commercial potato fields and its implications for their performance. Journal of Economic Entomology. 104(4), 1138-1145.
- Johnston, L. M., Jaykus, L. A., Moll, D., Anciso, J., Mora, B., & Moe, C. L. (2006). A field study of the microbiological quality of fresh produce of domestic and Mexican origin. Int J Food Microbiol. 112(2), 83-95.