Our research is focused on the experimental study of microscale and low temperature plasmas and devices which use plasmas and energetic electrons. The results and discoveries of this research have far reaching consequences in fields ranging from medicine and health, to integrated circuit manufacturing, to fossil fuel reforming and the energy sector.
- Pollard, W., Suzuki, P., & Staack, D. (2014). Striations in high-pressure Hydrogen Microplasma. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PLASMA SCIENCE. 42(10), 2650-2651.
- Tsai, T. C., & Staack, D. (2012). Characteristics of precursor-dependent breakdown in helium dielectric barrier discharge jet. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PLASMA SCIENCE. 40(11 PART1), 2931-2945.
- Tsai, T., Cho, J., Mcintyre, K., Jo, Y., & Staack, D. (2012). Polymer film deposition on agar using a dielectric barrier discharge jet and its bacterial growth inhibition. APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS. 101(7), 074107-074107.
- Geiger, R., & Staack, D. (2011). Analysis of solid products formed in atmospheric non-thermal carbon monoxide plasma. Journal of Physics D. 44(27), 274005-274005.
- Tsai, T. C., & Staack, D. (2011). Low-temperature polymer deposition in ambient air using a floating-electrode dielectric barrier discharge jet. Plasma Processes and Polymers. 8(6), 523-534.
- Staack, D., & Tsai, T. (2016). Plasma treatment and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition onto temperature sensitive biological materials.
- Staack, D., & Geiger, R. (2016). Processing of dielectric fluids with mobile charge carriers.
- Staack, D., & Tsai, T. (2014). Plasma treatment and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition onto temperature sensitive biological materials.
- Damarla, Harika Rao (2016-12). Rheological Studies and Simulated Distillation of Crude Oils Post Electron Beam Treatment. (Master's Thesis)
- Xiao, Peng (2015-08). Investigation of Microplasma Generation in Dense Medium. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Adkins, Kalissa E. (2014-12). Plasma Processing of Oils Using a Corona Reactor. (Master's Thesis)
- Martin, Michael William (2014-12). Prediction of Damage to Structure resulting from Recirculation of Particles from a Magnetoplasma Spacecraft Engine. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ming, Pingjia (2014-08). Glow Discharge Enhanced Chemical Reaction: Application in Ammonia Synthesis and Hydrocarbon Gas Cleanup. (Master's Thesis)