Our research is focused on the experimental study of microscale and low temperature plasmas and devices which use plasmas and energetic electrons. The results and discoveries of this research have far reaching consequences in fields ranging from medicine and health, to integrated circuit manufacturing, to fossil fuel reforming and the energy sector.
- Parkey, J., Cross, J., Hayes, R., Parham, C., Staack, D., & Sharma, A. C. (2015). A Battery Powered, Portable, and Self-Contained Non-Thermal Helium Plasma Jet Device for Point-of-Injury Burn Wound Treatment. Plasma Processes and Polymers. 12(11), 1244-1255.
- Ghosh, S., Liu, T., Bilici, M., Cole, J., Huang, I., Staack, D., Mariotti, D., & Sankaran, R. M. (2015). Atmospheric-pressure dielectric barrier discharge with capillary injection for gas-phase nanoparticle synthesis. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. 48(31), 314003-314003.
- Pollard, W., Duggleby, A., & Staack, D. (2015). Dynamics of two microscale DPF devices. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. 49(5), 055201-055201.
- Jo, Y. K., Cho, J., Tsai, T. C., Staack, D., Kang, M. H., Roh, J. H., ... Gross, D. (2014). A non-thermal plasma seed treatment method for management of a seedborne fungal pathogen on rice seed. CROP SCIENCE. 54(2), 796-803.
- Xiao, P., & Staack, D. (2014). Microbubble generation by microplasma in water. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. 47(35), 355203-355203.
- Staack, D., & Tsai, T. (2016). Plasma treatment and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition onto temperature sensitive biological materials.
- Staack, D., & Geiger, R. (2016). Processing of dielectric fluids with mobile charge carriers.
- Staack, D., & Tsai, T. (2014). Plasma treatment and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition onto temperature sensitive biological materials.
- Damarla, Harika Rao (2016-12). Rheological Studies and Simulated Distillation of Crude Oils Post Electron Beam Treatment. (Master's Thesis)
- Xiao, Peng (2015-08). Investigation of Microplasma Generation in Dense Medium. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Adkins, Kalissa E. (2014-12). Plasma Processing of Oils Using a Corona Reactor. (Master's Thesis)
- Martin, Michael William (2014-12). Prediction of Damage to Structure resulting from Recirculation of Particles from a Magnetoplasma Spacecraft Engine. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ming, Pingjia (2014-08). Glow Discharge Enhanced Chemical Reaction: Application in Ammonia Synthesis and Hydrocarbon Gas Cleanup. (Master's Thesis)