Our research is focused on the experimental study of microscale and low temperature plasmas and devices which use plasmas and energetic electrons. The results and discoveries of this research have far reaching consequences in fields ranging from medicine and health, to integrated circuit manufacturing, to fossil fuel reforming and the energy sector.
- Xiao, P., & Staack, D. (2014). Microbubble generation by microplasma in water. Journal of Physics D. 47(35), 355203-355203.
- Jo, Y., Cho, J., Tsai, T., Staack, D., Kang, M., Roh, J., ... Gross, D. (2014). A Non‐thermal Plasma Seed Treatment Method for Management of a Seedborne Fungal Pathogen on Rice Seed. CROP SCIENCE. 54(2), 796-803.
- Tsai, T., & Staack, D. (2012). Characteristics of Precursor-Dependent Breakdown in Helium Dielectric Barrier Discharge Jet. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PLASMA SCIENCE. 40(11), 2931-2945.
- Tsai, T., Cho, J., Mcintyre, K., Jo, Y., & Staack, D. (2012). Polymer film deposition on agar using a dielectric barrier discharge jet and its bacterial growth inhibition. APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS. 101(7), 074107-074107.
- Geiger, R., & Staack, D. (2011). Analysis of solid products formed in atmospheric non-thermal carbon monoxide plasma. Journal of Physics D. 44(27), 274005-274005.
- Staack, D., & Tsai, T. (2016). Plasma treatment and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition onto temperature sensitive biological materials.
- Staack, D., & Geiger, R. (2016). Processing of dielectric fluids with mobile charge carriers.
- Staack, D., & Tsai, T. (2014). Plasma treatment and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition onto temperature sensitive biological materials.