Our research is focused on the experimental study of microscale and low temperature plasmas and devices which use plasmas and energetic electrons. The results and discoveries of this research have far reaching consequences in fields ranging from medicine and health, to integrated circuit manufacturing, to fossil fuel reforming and the energy sector.
- Martin, M. W., Lalk, T., & Staack, D. (2018). Method to simulate spacecraft electrical surface charging due to magnetoplasma engine plume-spacecraft interaction.
- Campbell, C., Tang, X., Xiao, P., Limbach, C., & Staack, D. (2018). Plasma-induced Phase Transition of Water. BULLETIN OF THE AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY.
- Martin, M. W., Lalk, T., & Staack, D. (2017). Method to simulate magnetoplasma engine plume-spacecraft interaction.
- Burnette, M. L., Staack, D. A., & IEEE, .. (2016). DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING OF CORONA ARRAY AND NANOSECOND PULSED POWER SYSTEM FOR ELECTROPORATION.
- Xiao, P., & Staack, D. (2015). Thresholds for microbubble and microplasma generation in liquid.
- Staack, D., & Tsai, T. (2016). Plasma treatment and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition onto temperature sensitive biological materials.
- Staack, D., & Tsai, T. (2014). Plasma treatment and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition onto temperature sensitive biological materials.
- Staack, D., & Geiger, R. (2016). Processing of dielectric fluids with mobile charge carriers.
- Damarla, Harika Rao (2016-12). Rheological Studies and Simulated Distillation of Crude Oils Post Electron Beam Treatment. (Master's Thesis)
- Xiao, Peng (2015-08). Investigation of Microplasma Generation in Dense Medium. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Adkins, Kalissa E. (2014-12). Plasma Processing of Oils Using a Corona Reactor. (Master's Thesis)
- Martin, Michael William (2014-12). Prediction of Damage to Structure resulting from Recirculation of Particles from a Magnetoplasma Spacecraft Engine. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ming, Pingjia (2014-08). Glow Discharge Enhanced Chemical Reaction: Application in Ammonia Synthesis and Hydrocarbon Gas Cleanup. (Master's Thesis)