I am interested in 20th and 21st century transnational literatures and theory, 20th and 21st century British literature and culture, cultural studies, postcolonial literature, cosmopolitanism.
education and training
- Ph.D. in English, McMaster University - (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) 2008
- M.A. in English, University of Guelph - (Guelph, Ontario, Canada) 2004
- B.A. in English, University of Alberta - (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) 2003
- Johansen, E. (2016). Bureaucracy and narrative possibilities in Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go. Journal of Commonwealth Literature. 51(3), 416-431.
- Johansen, E. (2016). The neoliberal gothic: Gone Girl, Broken Harbor, and the terror of everyday life. Contemporary Literature. 57(1), 30-55.
- Johansen, E., & Karl, A. G. (2015). Introduction: Reading and writing the economic present. Textual Practice. 29(2), 201-214.
- Johansen, E. (2015). Muscular Multiculturalism: Bodies, Space, and Living Together in Andrea Levy's Small Island. Critique - Studies in Contemporary Fiction. 56(4), 383-398.
- Johansen, E. (2015). The banal conviviality of neoliberal cosmopolitanism. Textual Practice. 29(2), 295-314.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; English; 4227 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4227