Alfred, Mary individual record
Professor and Associate Dean
education and training
- Ph.D. in Educational Administration, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1995
- M.S. in Counseling Psychology, Texas A&M University System - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1983
- B.S. in Occupational Education, Texas A&M University – Central Texas - (Killeen, Texas, United States) 1980
- Cherrstrom, C. A., & Alfred, M. V. (2019). Women’s Midlife Career Transition to Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty in Adult Education. Adult Education Quarterly. 70(1), 44-63.
- Alfred, M. V., Ray, S. M., & Johnson, M. A. (2018). Advancing Women of Color in STEM: An Imperative for U.S. Global Competitiveness. Advances in Developing Human Resources. 21(1), 114-132.
- Jenkins, C., & Alfred, M. (2017). Understanding the motivation and transformation of White culturally responsive professors. Journal of Adult and Continuing Education. 24(1), 81-99.
- Nafukho, F. M., Alfred, M., Chakraborty, M., Johnson, M., & Cherrstrom, C. A. (2017). Predicting workplace transfer of learning. European Journal of Training and Development. 41(4), 327-353.
- Robinson, P. A., & Alfred, M. (2014). Family Literacy Programs: A Source of Transformative Learning. The International Journal of Literacies. 20(2), 1-10.
- Guo, S., & Alfred, M. V. (2013). Intensification of faculty engagement in the internationalization of adult education: A comparative study of Canada and the United States. Critical Perspectives on International Education. (pp. 135-148). SensePublishers.
- Jackson, S. (2010). Innovations in Lifelong Learning. Innovations in Lifelong Learning: Critical Perspectives on Diversity, Participation and Vocational Learning. (pp. 111-125). Routledge.
- Villa, C. G., Nave, F. M., Frizell, S. S., Alfred, M. V., II, B., & ASEE, .. (2011). THE ROLE OF FACULTY IN THE RETENTION OF AFRICAN AMERICAN GIFTED STUDENTS IN STEM PROGRAMS IN HBCUS. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE.
- Villa, C. G., Nave, F. M., Frizell, S. S., Alfred, M. V., & Bonner, F. A. (2011). The role of faculty in the retention of African American gifted students in STEM programs in HBCUs. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE.
Institutional Repository Documents1
- Jenkins, C., & Alfred, M. (2017). Cultural Orientation, Cross-Cultural Communication, and Responsive Pedagogy: Considerations for Inclusive Classrooms in Adult Education.
- (2004). Immigrant Women of the Academy Negotiating Boundaries, Crossing Borders in Higher Education. Nova Science Pub Incorporated.
- (2002). Learning and sociocultural contexts implications for adults, community, and workplace education. Jossey-Bass Inc Pub.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Ray, Sarah Michele (2020-08). Figuring It Out: How Immigrant Women Learn to Be Entrepreneurs in the United States. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Stoddart, Donald George (2020-05). Exploring the Role of Jamaican Music as an Instrument of Learning Among Adults Living in a Jamaican Garrison.. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Womack, Pamela Carlton (2018-05). Too Much, Too Fast! An Investigation of Practitioners' Perspectives and Experiences of the Planning, Implementation, and Assessment of the 2010-2011 Texas Success Initiative. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Munro, Michael Patrick (2018-05). Voices of Educational Leaders in the Field of Visual Impairment: History, Professional Development, Impact, and Vision for Future Leaders. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Johnson, Michelle Ann (2017-12). From Former Welfare Recipient to Frontline Worker: The Influences of Discretionary Power and Personal Experiences. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Educational Adm & Human Resources Development; 4226 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4226