Abedi Mashhadimighani, Sara individual record
- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Assistant Professor, Petroleum Engineering, College of Engineering
Professor Abedi's research centers on experimental and theoretical microporomechanics; nano-chemomechanics of geomaterials; multi-scale modeling; granular material failure and flow and granular physics; and geomechanics.
education and training
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Tehran - (Tehran, Iran)
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States)
- M.S. in Soil Mechanics, University of Tehran - (Tehran, Iran)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States), Postdoctoral Training
- Dubey, V., Abedi, S., & Noshadravan, A. (2021). A multiscale modeling of damage accumulation and permeability variation in shale rocks under mechanical loading. JOURNAL OF PETROLEUM SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. 198, 108123-108123.
- Prakash, R., Nguene, P., Benoit, D., Henkel, K., & Abedi, S. (2021). Assessment of local phase to mechanical response link: Application to the chemo-mechanical identification of rock phases subjected to reactive environments. JOURNAL OF NATURAL GAS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. 89, 103857-103857.
- Martogi, D., & Abedi, S. (2020). Microscale approximation of the elastic mechanical properties of randomly oriented rock cuttings. ACTA GEOTECHNICA. 15(12), 3511-3524.
- Sharma, P., Prakash, R., & Abedi, S. (2019). Effect of temperature on nano- and microscale creep properties of organic-rich shales. JOURNAL OF PETROLEUM SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. 175, 375-388.
- Dubey, V., Mashhadian, M., Abedi, S., & Noshadravan, A. (2019). Multiscale Poromechanical Modeling of Shales Incorporating Microcracks. ROCK MECHANICS AND ROCK ENGINEERING. 52(12), 5099-5121.
- Tordesillas, A., Walker, D. M., Rechenmacher, A. L., & Abedi, S. (2011). Discovering Community Structures and Dynamical Networks from Grain-Scale Kinematics of Shear Bands in Sand. Bonelli, S., Dascalu, C., & Nicot, F. (Eds.), Advances in Bifurcation and Degradation in Geomaterials. 67-73. Springer Nature.
- Rechenmacher, A. L., Abedi, S., & Faoro, I. (2011). EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE OF STRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT INSIDE SHEAR BANDS IN SANDS. Borja, R. I. (Eds.), Multiscale and Multiphysics Processes in Geomechanics. 1-4. Springer Nature.
- Abedi, S., & Rechenmacher, A. (2011). VORTICES IN SHEAR BANDS IN SANDS. Multiscale and Multiphysics Processes in Geomechanics. 21-24. Springer Nature.
- Rechenmacher, A. L., & Abedi, S. (2011). Length Scales for Nonaffine Deformation in Localized, Granular Shear. Bonelli, S., Dascalu, C., & Nicot, F. (Eds.), Advances in Bifurcation and Degradation in Geomaterials: Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Bifurcation and Degradation in Geomaterials. 59-65. Springer Netherlands.
- Martogi, D., Vaibhav, A., Noshadravan, A., & Abedi, S. (2020). Approximation of Rock Fracture Toughness using Scratch Test and Phase-Field Modeling Approach. Day 4 Thu, October 29, 2020, Day 4 Thu, October 29, 2020.
- Martogi, D., Abedi, S., Saadeh, C., & Mitchell, I. (2019). Mechanical Properties of Drill Cuttings Based on Indentation Testing and Contact Mechanics Solutions. Day 3 Wed, October 02, 2019, Day 3 Wed, October 02, 2019.
- Mashhadian, M., Abedi, S., & Noshadravan, A. (2018). A probabilistic multiscale approach for modeling poromechanical properties of shales. 52nd U.S. Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- Dubey, V., Abedi, S., & Noshadravan, A. (2018). Multiscale modelling of microcrack-induced mechanical properties in shales. 52nd U.S. Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- Abedi, S., & Rechenmacher, A. L. (2011). Vortex Structures inside Shear Bands in Sands. Geo-Frontiers 2011, Geo-Frontiers 2011. (211 GSP), 4223-4231.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
- CVEN691 Research Instructor
- CVEN691 Research: In-ab Instructor
- ENGR485 Directed Studies Instructor
- ENGR491 Hnr-research Instructor
- ENGR491 Research Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Sharma, Prashant (2017-05). Effect of Temperature on Creep Properties of Organic-Rich Shales. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Petroleum Engineering; 3116 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3116