My research focuses on the development of new methods to apply random vibration theory to better understand vortex induced vibration of marine risers, new structural health monitoring methodologies, and the statistical prediction of extreme values in non-linear dynamic systems subject to these random processes.
- Tang, S., & Sweetman, B. (2019). A geometrically-exact momentum-based non-linear theory applicable to beams in non-inertial frames. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics. 113, 158-170.
- Gao, J., & Sweetman, B. (2018). Design optimization of hull size for spar-based floating offshore wind turbines. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Marine Energy.
- Sweetman, B., & Wang, L. (2014). Momentum Cloud Method for Dynamic Simulation of Rigid Body Systems. JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING MECHANICS. 140(2), 257-267.
- Wang, L., & Sweetman, B. (2013). Multibody dynamics of floating wind turbines with large-amplitude motion. APPLIED OCEAN RESEARCH. 43, 1-10.
- Sweetman, B., & Wang, L. (2012). Floating Offshore Wind Turbine Dynamics: Large-Angle Motions in Euler-Space. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. 134(3),
- Dai, S., & Sweetman, B. (2016). Rational selection of floater designs for offshore wind farms using power transfer functions. PROCEEDINGS OF THE SIXTEENTH (2006) INTERNATIONAL OFFSHORE AND POLAR ENGINEERING CONFERENCE, VOL 3. 2016-January, 340-346.
- Dai, S., & Sweetman, B. (2015). Statistical condensation of meteorological ocean data for wind turbine design. 303-317.
- Sweetman, B., & Wilder, B. (2014). Numerical simulation of floating offshore wind turbines including aero-elasticity and active blade pitch control. Offshore Technology Conference, Proceedings. 5, 3331-3341.
- Wang, L., & Sweetman, B. (2011). Conceptual design of floating wind turbines with large-amplitude motion. Transactions - Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers. 119, 633-644.
- Mittendorf, K., & Sweetman, B. (2008). Loading and response of offshore wind turbine support structures: Prediction with comparison to measured data. 314,
- Wang, Lei (2012-08). Multibody Dynamics Using Conservation of Momentum with Application to Compliant Offshore Floating Wind Turbines. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Choi, Myoung (2009-05). THE MODAL DISTRIBUTION METHOD: A NEW STATISTICAL ALGORITHM FOR ANALYZING MEASURED RESPONSE. (Doctoral Dissertation)