Boswell, Wendy individual record
Professor and Head
- Jerry and Kay Cox Endowed Chair in Business, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University
- Professor, Management, Mays Business School
My research is focused on employee turnover and retention, job search behavior, and the work-nonwork interface.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Human Resource Studies, minor in Management, Statistics, Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 2000
- M.S. in Human Resource Studies, minor in Statistics, Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 1997
- B.S. in Human Resource Management, California State University, Fresno - (Fresno, California, United States) 1994
- Zimmerman, R. D., Swider, B. W., & Boswell, W. R. (2019). Synthesizing content models of employee turnover. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT. 58(1), 99-114.
- Carlson, D. S., Thompson, M. J., Crawford, W. S., Boswell, W. R., & Whitten, D. (2018). Your job is messing with mine! The impact of mobile device use for work during family time on the spouse's work life.. J Occup Health Psychol. 23(4), 471-482.
- Methot, J. R., Lepak, D., Shipp, A. J., & Boswell, W. R. (2017). GOOD CITIZEN INTERRUPTED: CALIBRATING A TEMPORAL THEORY OF CITIZENSHIP BEHAVIOR. ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT REVIEW. 42(1), 10-31.
- Boswell, W. R., Gardner, R. G., & Wang, J. (2017). Is retention necessarily a win? Outcomes of searching and staying. JOURNAL OF VOCATIONAL BEHAVIOR. 98, 163-172.
- Ferguson, M., Carlson, D., Boswell, W., Whitten, D., Butts, M. M., & Kacmar, K. (2016). Tethered to work: A family systems approach linking mobile device use to turnover intentions.. J Appl Psychol. 101(4), 520-534.
- Boswell, W. R., & Gardner, R. G. (2014). Employed Job Seekers and Job-to-Job Search. Klehe, U., & van Hooft, E. (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Job Loss and Job Search. 401-415. Oxford University Press.
- Lepak, D., & Boswell, W. R. (2012). Strategic Human Resource Management and Employee-Organization Relationship. Shore, L. M., Coyle-Shapiro, J., & Tetrick, L. E. (Eds.), EMPLOYEE-ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIP: APPLICATIONS FOR THE 21ST CENTURY. 455-483. Taylor & Francis.
- Olson-Buchanan, J. B., & Boswell, W. R. (2012). The Psychology of Conflict and Conflict Management in Organizations. De Dreu, C., & Gelfand, M. J. (Eds.), The Psychology of Conflict and Conflict Management in Organizations. 321-352. Taylor & Francis.
- Boswell, W. R., Colvin, A., & Darnold, T. C. (2012). Work Motivation, Past, Present and Future. Kanfer, R., Chen, G., & Pritchard, R. D. (Eds.), Work Motivation: Past, Present, and Future. 361-400. Taylor & Francis.
- Boswell, W. R., Ren, L. R., & Hinrichs, A. T. (2008). Voluntary Employee Turnover: Determinants, Processes, and Future Directions. The SAGE Handbook of Organizational Behavior: Volume I - Micro Approaches. 196-216. SAGE Publications.
awards and honors
- Outstanding Reviewer Award conferred by Academy of Management - (Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States) - This lasted until 2014. 2010
recent teaching activities
- MGMT373 Managing Human Resources Instructor
- MGMT623 Compensation Mgmt Instructor
- MGMT624 Seminar In Human Res Instructor
- MGMT691 Research Instructor
- MGMT691 Research: In-ab Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Wang, Jiexin (2016-08). A Resource Perspective Linking Personality Traits and Work-Family Conflict and Enrichment: Examination of the Indirect Effect Through Resource Development. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Gardner, Richard G (2014-08). That's Why I Don't like You: An Investigation of Intergroup Disidentification in a Socialization Context. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Dean Of Business Administration; 4113 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4221