My research is focused on employee turnover and retention, job search behavior, and the work-nonwork interface.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Human Resource Studies, minor in Management, Statistics, Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 2000
- M.S. in Human Resource Studies, minor in Statistics, Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 1997
- B.S. in Human Resource Management, California State University, Fresno - (Fresno, California, United States) 1994
- Zimmerman, R. D., Swider, B. W., & Boswell, W. R. (2018). Synthesizing content models of employee turnover. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.
- Carlson, D. S., Thompson, M. J., Crawford, W. S., Boswell, W. R., & Whitten, D. (2018). Your job is messing with mine! the impact of mobile device use for work during family time on the spouse's work life.. J Occup Health Psychol. 23(4), 471-482.
- Methot, J. R., Lepak, D., Shipp, A. J., & Boswell, W. R. (2017). GOOD CITIZEN INTERRUPTED: CALIBRATING A TEMPORAL THEORY OF CITIZENSHIP BEHAVIOR. Academy of Management Review. 42(1), 10-31.
- Boswell, W. R., Gardner, R. G., & Wang, J. (2017). Is retention necessarily a win? Outcomes of searching and staying. JOURNAL OF VOCATIONAL BEHAVIOR. 98, 163-172.
- Boswell, W. R., Olson-Buchanan, J. B., Butts, M. M., & Becker, W. J. (2016). Managing \"after hours\" electronic work communication. ORGANIZATIONAL DYNAMICS. 45(4), 291-297.
- Boswell, W. R., & Gardner, R. G. (2014). Employed job seekers and job-to-job search. The Oxford Handbook of Job Loss and Job Search. (pp. 401-415). Oxford University Press.
- Olson-Buchanan, J. B., & Boswell, W. R. (2012). Organizational dispute resolution systems. The Psychology of Conflict and Conflict Management in Organizations. (pp. 321-352). Psychology Press.
- Boswell, W. R., Colvin, A., & Darnold, T. C. (2012). Organizational systems and employee motivation. Work Motivation: Past, Present, and Future. (pp. 361-400). Routledge.
- Lepak, D., & Boswell, W. R. (2012). Strategic human resource management and employee-organization relationship. The Employee-Organization Relationship: Applications for the 21st Century. (pp. 455-483). Routledge.
- Boswell, W. R., Ren, L. R., & Hinrichs, A. T. (2008). Voluntary employee turnover: Determinants, processes, and future directions. The SAGE Handbook of Organizational Behavior: Volume I - Micro Approaches. (pp. 196-216). SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Payne, S. C., Horner, M. T., Boswell, W. R., Schroeder, A. N., & Stine-Cheyne, K. J. (2009). Comparison of online and traditional performance appraisal systems. JOURNAL OF MANAGERIAL PSYCHOLOGY. 24(6), 526-544.
- Payne, S. C., Culbertson, S. S., Boswell, W. R., & Barger, E. J. (2008). Newcomer psychological contracts and employee socialization activities: Does perceived balance in obligations matter?. JOURNAL OF VOCATIONAL BEHAVIOR. 73(3), 465-472.
awards and honors
- Outstanding Reviewer Award conferred by Academy of Management - (Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States) - This lasted until 2014. 2010
chaired theses and dissertations
- Wang, Jiexin (2016-08). A Resource Perspective Linking Personality Traits and Work-Family Conflict and Enrichment: Examination of the Indirect Effect Through Resource Development. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Gardner, Richard G (2014-08). That’s Why I Don’t like You: An Investigation of Intergroup Disidentification in a Socialization Context. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Gardner, Richard G (2014-08). That's Why I Don't like You: An Investigation of Intergroup Disidentification in a Socialization Context. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Dean Of Business Administration; 4113 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4221