My research is focused on employee turnover and retention, job search behavior, and the work-nonwork interface.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Human Resource Studies, minor in Management, Statistics, Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 2000
- M.S. in Human Resource Studies, minor in Statistics, Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 1997
- B.S. in Human Resource Management, California State University, Fresno - (Fresno, California, United States) 1994
- Zimmerman, R. D., Swider, B. W., & Boswell, W. R. (2019). Synthesizing content models of employee turnover. Human Resource Management. 58(1), 99-114.
- Carlson, D. S., Thompson, M. J., Crawford, W. S., Boswell, W. R., & Whitten, D. (2018). Your Job Is Messing With Mine! The Impact of Mobile Device Use for Work During Family Time on the Spouse’s Work Life. J Occup Health Psychol. 23(4), 471-482.
- Boswell, W. R., Gardner, R. G., & Wang, J. (2017). Is retention necessarily a win? Outcomes of searching and staying. Journal of Vocational Behavior. 98, 163-172.
- Methot, J. R., Lepak, D., Shipp, A. J., & Boswell, W. R. (2017). Good Citizen Interrupted: Calibrating a Temporal Theory of Citizenship Behavior. Academy of Management Review. 42(1), 10-31.
- Boswell, W. R., Olson-Buchanan, J. B., Butts, M. M., & Becker, W. J. (2016). Managing “after hours” electronic work communication. Organizational Dynamics. 45(4), 291-297.
- Boswell, W. R., & Gardner, R. G. (2014). Employed job seekers and job-to-job search. The Oxford Handbook of Job Loss and Job Search. 401-415. Oxford University Press.
- Shore, L. M., Coyle-Shapiro, J., & Tetrick, L. E. (2012). The Employee-Organization Relationship. The Employee-Organization Relationship: Applications for the 21st Century. 455-483. Routledge.
- Chen, G., Kanfer, R., & Pritchard, R. D. (2008). Work Motivation. Work Motivation: Past, Present, and Future. 361-400. Routledge.
- Boswell, W. R., Ren, L. R., & Hinrichs, A. T. (2008). Voluntary Employee Turnover: Determinants, Processes, and Future Directions. The SAGE Handbook of Organizational Behavior: Volume I - Micro Approaches. 196-216. SAGE Publications Ltd.
- De Dreu, C., & Gelfand, M. J. (2007). The Psychology of Conflict and Conflict Management in Organizations. The Psychology of Conflict and Conflict Management in Organizations. 321-352. Psychology Press.
awards and honors
- Outstanding Reviewer Award conferred by Academy of Management - (Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States) - This lasted until 2014. 2010
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Wang, Jiexin (2016-08). A Resource Perspective Linking Personality Traits and Work-Family Conflict and Enrichment: Examination of the Indirect Effect Through Resource Development. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Gardner, Richard G (2014-08). That's Why I Don't like You: An Investigation of Intergroup Disidentification in a Socialization Context. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Dean Of Business Administration; 4113 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4221