- Associate Professor, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
I have broad experience in Veterinary Pathology pursuing macroscopic evaluation, histological examination and immunohistochemistry in tissues from different animal species, including small animals, large animals, laboratory animals, and exotic species. My particular area of interest is in Dermatopathology, providing diagnostic service, and working closely with our dermatologists, and with the dermatologists and clinicians from private clinics throughout the country that submit samples to our Dermatopathology Specialty Service. I provide diagnostic service and consultation to the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital at TAMU, and support collaborative research studies. My research focuses on investigating how the skin microbiome in animals could play a role/contribute to development of skin lesions. Our research group has shown that the skin in dogs and cats is colonized by diverse and rich microbial communities, and that healthy dogs have a more diverse skin microbiome when compared to allergic dogs.
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Pathology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2011
- M.S. in Veterinary Pathology, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria - (Santa Maria, Brazil) 2006
- D.V.M. in Veterinary Medicine, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria - (Santa Maria, Brazil) 2004
- Taylor, B. M., Chaffin, M. K., Hoffmann, A. R., Edwards, J. F., & Arenas-Gamboa, A. M. (2020). Immersion Foot Syndrome in 6 Equids Exposed to Hurricane Floodwaters. Veterinary pathology. 57(2), 290-295.
- Rychlik, K. A., Secrest, J. R., Lau, C., Pulczinski, J., Zamora, M. L., Leal, J., ... Johnson, N. M. (2019). In utero ultrafine particulate matter exposure causes offspring pulmonary immunosuppression. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 116(9), 201816103-3448.
- Lawrence, Y. A., Rodrigues-Hoffmann, A., Steiner, J. M., Suchodolski, J. S., Shankar, S., Klemashevich, C. L., & Lidbury, J. A. (2019). Development, validation, and application of a liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for quantitative determination of trans-4-hydroxy-L-proline concentration in the serum of dogs with chronic hepatitis. American journal of veterinary research. 80(5), 434-440.
- Schlemmer, S. N., Fratzke, A. P., Gibbons, P., Porter, B. F., Mansell, J., Ploeg, R. J., ... Clark, S. D. (2019). Histoplasmosis and multicentric lymphoma in a Nubian goat. JOURNAL OF VETERINARY DIAGNOSTIC INVESTIGATION. 31(5), 770-773.
- Blick, A. K., Hensel, M., Rodrigues Hoffmann, A., Gibbons, P., & Porter, B. F. (2019). Pathology in Practice.. JAVMA-JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION. 255(3), 313-316.
- Johnson, N. M., Rychlik, K. A., Pulczinski, J. C., Langley, R., Seacrest, J., Zhang, R., Rodrigues-Hoffmann, A., & Lau, C. (2018). Prenatal Air Pollution Exposure and Offspring Pulmonary Immunosupression. BIRTH DEFECTS RESEARCH. 110(9), 720-720.