- Associate Professor, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University
I have broad experience in Veterinary Pathology pursuing macroscopic evaluation, histological examination and immunohistochemistry in tissues from different animal species, including small animals, large animals, laboratory animals, and exotic species. My particular area of interest is in Dermatopathology, providing diagnostic service, and working closely with our dermatologists, and with the dermatologists and clinicians from private clinics throughout the country that submit samples to our Dermatopathology Specialty Service. I provide diagnostic service and consultation to the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital at TAMU, and support collaborative research studies. My research focuses on investigating how the skin microbiome in animals could play a role/contribute to development of skin lesions. Our research group has shown that the skin in dogs and cats is colonized by diverse and rich microbial communities, and that healthy dogs have a more diverse skin microbiome when compared to allergic dogs.
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Pathology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2011
- M.S. in Veterinary Pathology, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria - (Santa Maria, Brazil) 2006
- D.V.M. in Veterinary Medicine, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria - (Santa Maria, Brazil) 2004
- Myers, A. N., Jeffery, U., Seyler, Z. G., Lawhon, S. D., & Hoffmann, A. R. (2021). Diagnostic Accuracy of a Direct Panfungal Polymerase Chain Reaction Assay Performed on Stained Cytology Slides.. Veterinary Pathology. 300985821991562-030098582199156.
- Older, C. E., Diesel, A. B., Starks, J. M., Lawhon, S. D., & Hoffmann, A. R. (2020). Characterization of staphylococcal communities on healthy and allergic feline skin. Veterinary Dermatology. 32(1), 61-e10.
- Milliron, S. M., Seyler, Z. G., Myers, A. N., Hoffmann, A. R., Hnot, M., & Wiener, D. J. (2020). Pyogranulomatous panniculitis in a domestic cat associated with Pseudomonas luteola infection. Veterinary Dermatology. 32(1), 83-e15.
- Tang, S., Prem, A., Tjokrosurjo, J., Sary, M., Van Bel, M. A., Rodrigues-Hoffmann, A., ... Krumbeck, J. A. (2020). The canine skin and ear microbiome: A comprehensive survey of pathogens implicated in canine skin and ear infections using a novel next-generation-sequencing-based assay. Veterinary Microbiology. 247, 108764-108764.
- Marclay, M., Langohr, I. M., Gaschen, F. P., Rodrigues‐Hoffmann, A., Carossino, M., Stewart, M. A., Myers, A. N., & Grooters, A. M. (2020). Colorectal basidiobolomycosis in a dog. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 34(5), 2091-2095.
- Johnson, N. M., Rychlik, K. A., Pulczinski, J. C., Langley, R., Seacrest, J., Zhang, R., Rodrigues-Hoffmann, A., & Lau, C. (2018). Prenatal Air Pollution Exposure and Offspring Pulmonary Immunosupression. BIRTH DEFECTS RESEARCH. 110(9), 720-720.