My Extension and research program focuses on testing methodologies for the evaluation of water, plant and soils as related to agronomic and environmental considerations. Additionally, the program focuses on the collection of samples prior to analyses and the development of fertilizer, amendments or other cultural practice recommendations to improve both economic and environmental productivity of the landscape. The center piece of my program revolves around the Soil, Water and Forage Testing Laboratory, the outreach Extension components of nutrient management and water quality, and utilization of advanced instrumentation for analytical analyses of agricultural samples.
- Gaudreau, J. E., Vietor, D. M., White, R. H., Provin, T. L., & Munster, C. L. (2002). Response of Turf and Quality of Water Runoff to Manure and Fertilizer. Journal of Environmental Quality. 31(4), 1316-1322.
- Bronson, K. F., Onken, A. B., Booker, J. D., Lascano, R. J., Provin, T. L., & Torbert, H. A. (2001). Irrigated cotton lint yields as affected by phosphorus fertilizer and landscape position. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 32(11-12), 1959-1967.
- Ha, M., Munster, C. L., Capareda, S., Vietor, D., Provin, T., & Palma, M. (2011). GIS program to optimize feedstock utilization for mobile pyrolysis units. 6, 4766-4779.
- Ha, M., Bumguardner, M. L., Munster, C. L., Vietor, D. M., Capareda, S., Palma, M. A., & Provin, T. (2010). Optimizing the logistics of a mobile fast pyrolysis system for sustainable bio-crude oil production. 5, 3673-3685.
- Vietor, D. M., Provin, T. L., Jacoby, F. J., Feagley, S. E., White, R. H., Carpenter, T. L., Munster, C. L., & ASAE, .. (2003). On-farm demonstration of effectiveness of export and import of composted dairy manure through turfgrass sod. 494-499.
- Vietor, D. M., White, R. H., Munster, C. L., Provin, T. L., ASAE, .., & ASAE, .. (2002). Reduced nonpoint source pollution through manure use and export in turfgrass sod. 396-402.