education and training
- Ph.D. in Communication, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States)
- M.A. in Applied Linguistics, University of California Los Angeles - (Los Angeles, California, United States)
- B.A. in English Literature, University of California, Santa Barbara - (Santa Barbara, California, United States)
- Gantt-Shafer, J., Wallis, C., & Miles, C. (2019). Intersectionality, (Dis)unity, and Processes of Becoming at the 2017 Women's March. Women's Studies in Communication. (2), 221-240.
- Wallis, C., & Shen, Y. (2018). The SK-II #changedestiny campaign and the limits of commodity activism for womens equality in neo/non-liberal China. Critical Studies in Media Communication. (4), 376-389.
- Wallis, C., & Balsamo, A. (2016). Public interactives, soft power, and Chinas future at and beyond the 2010 Shanghai World Expo. Global Media and China. 1(1-2), 32-48.
- Wallis, C. (2015). Gender and China's Online Censorship Protest Culture. Feminist Media Studies. (2), 223-238.
- Wallis, C. (2015). Micro-entrepreneurship, new media technologies, and the reproduction and reconfiguration of gender in rural China. Chinese Journal of Communication. (1), 42-58.
- Michael, B. (2018). The Routledge Companion to Sound Studies. Bull, M. (Eds.), The Routledge Companion to Sound Studies. 329-338. Routledge.
- Sun, W., & Chio, J (2012). Mapping Media in China. Sun, W., & Chio, J. (Eds.), Mapping Media in China: Region, Province, Locality. 109-125. Routledge.
- Donald, S. H., Anderson, T. D., & Spry, D (2010). Youth, Society and Mobile Media in Asia. Donald, S. H., Anderson, T. D., & Spry, D. (Eds.), Youth, Society and Mobile Media in Asia. 57-69. Routledge.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Fowlds, Kelli (2014-12). Shared Experiences and Collective Production: Note Card Confessions on YouTube. (Master's Thesis)
- Doshi, Marissa J (2014-12). The Promises and Pitfalls of Modernity: An Ethnography of Young Catholic Women's Media Practices for Claiming Cultural Citizenship in Urban India. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cui, Xi (2011-08). Shanzhai Online Videos in China: Governance and Resistance through Media. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Communication; 4234 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4234