education and training
- Ph.D. in Communication, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States)
- M.A. in Applied Linguistics, University of California Los Angeles - (Los Angeles, California, United States)
- B.A. in English Literature, University of California, Santa Barbara - (Santa Barbara, California, United States)
- Gantt-Shafer, J., Wallis, C., & Miles, C. (2019). Intersectionality, (Dis)unity, and Processes of Becoming at the 2017 Women's March. Women's Studies in Communication. 42(2), 221-240.
- Wallis, C., & Shen, Y. (2018). The SK-II #changedestiny campaign and the limits of commodity activism for women’s equality in neo/non-liberal China. CRITICAL STUDIES IN MEDIA COMMUNICATION. 35(4), 376-389.
- Wallis, C., & Balsamo, A. (2016). Public interactives, soft power, and Chinas future at and beyond the 2010 Shanghai World Expo. Global Media and China. 1(1-2), 32-48.
- Wallis, C. (2015). Gender and China's online censorship protest culture. Feminist Media Studies. 15(2), 223-238.
- Oreglia, E., Qiu, J., Bu, W., Schulte, B., Wang, J., Wallis, C., & Zhou, B. (2015). Studying the Sent-Down Internet: roundtable on research methods. Chinese Journal of Communication. 8(1), 7-17.
- Wallis, C. (2018). Gender and the telephonic voice. The Routledge Companion to Sound Studies. (pp. 329-338). Routledge.
- Wallis, C., & Qiu, J. L. (2012). Shanzhaijiand the transformation of the local mediascape in Shenzhen. Mapping Media in China: Region, Province, Locality. (pp. 109-125). Routledge.
- Wallis, C. (2010). The traditional meets the technological: Mobile navigations of desire and intimacy. Youth, Society and Mobile Media in Asia. (pp. 57-69). Routledge.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Fowlds, Kelli (2014-12). Shared Experiences and Collective Production: Note Card Confessions on YouTube. (Master's Thesis)
- Doshi, Marissa J (2014-12). The Promises and Pitfalls of Modernity: An Ethnography of Young Catholic Women's Media Practices for Claiming Cultural Citizenship in Urban India. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cui, Xi (2011-08). Shanzhai Online Videos in China: Governance and Resistance through Media. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Communication; 4234 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4234