Dr Phillips has published over 100 contributions to professional journals or edited volumes. He was listed in 2000 as one of the most highly cited scholars in the general social sciences in ISIHIGHLYCITED. He was one of the developers of the Minimum Data Set for Nursing home Resident Assessment and Care Screening, which is used to regularly assess every nursing home resident in the United States.
He also writes fiction and is the author of The Sharpshooter Saga, a multi-volume work of historical fiction set in the American Civil War.
- M.P.H. in Health Policy and Management, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States) 1987
- Ph.D. in Government, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1979
- Phillips, C. D., Truong, C., Kum, H., Nwaiwu, O., & Ohsfeldt, R. (2018). Post-acute care for children with special health care needs. DISABILITY AND HEALTH JOURNAL. 11(1), 49-57.
- McMaughan, D. K., Nwaiwu, O., Zhao, H., Frentzel, E., Mehr, D., Imanpour, S., Garfinkel, S., & Phillips, C. D. (2016). Impact of a decision-making aid for suspected urinary tract infections on antibiotic overuse in nursing homes. BMC Geriatr. 16(1), 81.
- Phillips, C. D., Nwaiwu, O., Lin, S., Edwards, R., Imanpour, S., & Ohsfeldt, R. (2015). Concealed Handgun Licensing and Crime in Four States. Journal of Criminology. 2015, 1-8.
- Vuong, A. M., Shinde, M. U., Brender, J. D., Shipp, E. M., Huber, J. C., Zheng, Q., ... Canfield, M. A. (2015). Nitrosatable drug exposure during pregnancy and preterm and small-for-gestational-age births. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 29(1), 60-71.
- Kaufman, N., & Bian, R. R. (2015). Using Health Information Technology to Prevent and Treat Diabetes. DIABETES TECHNOLOGY & THERAPEUTICS. 17(S1), s-53-s-66-S66.
- Mehr, D. R., Phillips, C. D., Adepoju, L., Moudouni, D. K., Stone, N., Nwaiwu, O., Frentzel, E., & Garfinkel, S. (2012). Asymptomatic Bacteriuria and Antibiotic Use in Nursing Homes.. J Am Geriatr Soc. 60, S148-S149.