The 1960s. Vietnam War. Affirmative Action. U.S. war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Counterculture.
education and training
- Ph.D. in History, Indiana University Bloomington - (Bloomington, Indiana, United States) 1978
- M.A. in History, University of Missouri - (Columbia, Missouri, United States) 1973
- B.A. in Psychology, University of Minnesota - (Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States) 1971
- Anderson, T. H. (2018). The Refugee Challenge in Post–Cold War America. Journal of American History. 105(3), 764-764.
- Anderson, T. H. (2017). Expanding the anti-Vietnam War movement. The Sixties. 10(2), 1-3.
- Anderson, T. H. (2017). The 1968 Election and the Demise of Liberalism. South Central Review. 34(2), 41-47.
- ANDERSON, T. H. (2013). Rush to Judgment: George W. Bush, the War on Terror, and His Critics by Stephen F. Knott. Lawrence, University Press of Kansas, 2012. 248 pp. $29.95.. Political Science Quarterly. 128(2), 355-356.
- Anderson, T. H. (2012). Constructing Affirmative Action: The Struggle for Equal Employment Opportunity. Journal of American History. 98(4), 1198-1199.
- Anderson, T. H. (2017). The Sixties. Routledge.
- Anderson, T. (2011). The Sixties, 4th Edition. Pearson Higher Education.
- Anderson, T. H. (2011). Bush's Wars. Oxford University Press.
- Anderson, T. (2006). The Sixties 3rd Edition. Pearson Longman.
- Anderson, T. H. (2004). The Pursuit of Fairness A History of Affirmative Action. Oxford University Press.
- Anderson, T. H. (2016). Affirmative Action. The International Encyclopedia of Political Communication. (pp. 1-6). Wiley.
- ANDERSON, T. H. (2015). 9/11: Bush's Response. Bailey, B., & Immerman, R. H. (Eds.), Understanding the U.S. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. (pp. 54-74). NYU Press.
- Anderson, T. (2007). Revisionism: George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and the Origins of the Iraq War. Clifford, J. G., & Wilson, T. A. (Eds.), Presidents, Diplomats, and Other Mortals Essays Honoring Robert H. Ferrell. (pp. 231-249). University of Missouri Press.
- Anderson, T. H. (2007). Vietnam is Here: The Antiwar Movement. Anderson, D. L., & Ernst, J. (Eds.), The War That Never Ends: New Perspectives on the Vietnam War. (pp. 245-264). University Press of Kentucky.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Bounds, Brittany (2015-08). The Right Response: The Reaction of the Silent Majority to the Social Movements of the Sixties. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Heth, Jennifer Dawn (2014-12). Imagining TR: Commemorations and Representations of Theodore Roosevelt in Twentieth-Century America. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Irwin, Matthew Kirk (2014-12). Sounding Off: Folksong, Poetry, and Other Cognitive Dissonance from the American War in Vietnam. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bach, Damon (2013-12). The Rise and Fall of the American Counterculture: A History of the Hippies and Other Cultural Dissidents. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hilton, Brian Paul (2012-12). "A Tolerable State of Order": The United States, Taiwan, and the Recognition of the People's Republic of China, 1949-1979. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; History; 4236 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4236