education and training
- Huang, R., & Tabaar, M. A (2021). We Are All Coethnics: State Identities and Foreign Interventions in Violent Conflict. Journal of Global Security Studies. 6(3), ogaa047.
- Tabaar, M. A (2021). Iran's War Within Ebrahim Raisi and the Triumph of the Hard-Liners. FOREIGN AFFAIRS. 100(5), 155-168.
- Tabaar, M. A., & Yildirim, A. K (2020). Religious Parties and Ideological Change: A Comparison of Iran and Turkey. Political Science Quarterly. 135(4), 697-723.
- Tabaar, M. A (2017). Causes of the US Hostage Crisis in Iran: The Untold Account of the Communist Threat. Security Studies. 26(4), 665-697.
in the news
- Iran’s System Keeps Its Grip, Despite the Chaos (or Because of It) The New York Times June 20, 2021
- Iranian policy expert talks the 'politics of Islam' Yale Daily News November 8, 2020
- Middle East Studies Forum to Discuss Developments, Protests, in Iran on Jan. 23 University of Arkansas News January 14, 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; International Affairs; 4220 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4220