My research work is interdisciplinary, usually motivated by aesthetic concerns. I have published extensively in the areas of shape modeling, image synthesis, artistic depiction, image based lighting, texture and tiles, computer aided caricature, electrical engineering and computer aided architecture.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology - (Atlanta, Georgia, United States) 1992
- M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology - (Atlanta, Georgia, United States) 1986
- B.S. in Electronic and Communication Engineering, Istanbul Technical University - (Istanbul, Turkey) 1981
- Kaleci, D., & Akleman, E. (2019). Assessment of knowledge and confidence for E-learning. World Journal on Educational Technology. 11(1), 104-115.
- Akleman, E. (2019). COMPUTING THROUGH TIME. COMPUTER. 52(10), 11-11.
- Akleman, E. (2019). Computing Through Time.. 52, 10-10.
- Akleman, E. (2019). Computing Through Time.. 52, 20-20.
- Subramanian, S. G., Eng, M., Krishnamurthy, V. R., & Akleman, E. (2019). Delaunay Lofts: A biologically inspired approach for modeling space filling modular structures. Computers & Graphics. 82, 73-83.
- Wang, A., Eason, A. D., & Akleman, E. (2019). A formal process to design visual archetypes based on character taxonomies.
- Kramer, M., & Akleman, E. (2019). A procedural approach to creating second empire houses.
- Subramanian, S. G., Krishnamurthy, V., Eng, M., & Akleman, E. (2019). Delaunay lofts: A new class of space-filling shapes.
- Justice, M., & Akleman, E. (2018). A process to create dynamic landscape paintings using barycentric shading with control paintings. 30:1-30:1.
- Bielefeldt, B. R., Hartl, D. J., Akleman, E., & ASME, .. (2018). L-SYSTEM-GENERATED TOPOLOGY OPTIMIZATION OF COMPLIANT MECHANISMS USING GRAPH-BASED INTERPRETATION. 5B-2018,
- Eason, Anthony Dalton (2018-12). Creating Entertaining Animations for Safety Education. (Master's Thesis)
- Justice, Matthew Scott (2018-12). A Process to Create Dynamic Landscape Paintings Using Barycentric Shading with Control Paintings. (Master's Thesis)
- Sargunam, Shyam Prathish (2018-05). Evaluating Semi-Natural Travel and Viewing Techniques in Virtual Reality. (Master's Thesis)