My research work is interdisciplinary, usually motivated by aesthetic concerns. I have published extensively in the areas of shape modeling, image synthesis, artistic depiction, image based lighting, texture and tiles, computer aided caricature, electrical engineering and computer aided architecture.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology - (Atlanta, Georgia, United States) 1992
- M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology - (Atlanta, Georgia, United States) 1986
- B.S. in Electronic and Communication Engineering, Istanbul Technical University - (Istanbul, Turkey) 1981
- Akleman, E. (2020). Computing Through Time: Artificial Life. COMPUTER. 53(4), 10-10.
- Akleman, E. (2020). Computing Through Time: Flying. COMPUTER. 53(2), 13-13.
- Subramanian, S. G., Eng, M., Krishnamurthy, V. R., & Akleman, E. (2019). Delaunay Lofts: A Biologically Inspired Approach for Modeling Space Filling Modular Structures. Computers & Graphics. 82, 73-83.
- Bielefeldt, B. R., Akleman, E., Reich, G. W., Beran, P. S., & Hartl, D. J. (2019). L-System-Generated Mechanism Topology Optimization Using Graph-Based Interpretation. Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics. 11(2),
- Kaleci, D., & Akleman, E. (2019). Assessment of knowledge and confidence for E-learning. World Journal on Educational Technology Current Issues. 11(1), 104-115.
- Wang, A., Eason, A. D., & Akleman, E. (2019). A formal process to design visual archetypes based on character taxonomies. 1-2.
- Kramer, M., & Akleman, E. (2019). A procedural approach to creating second empire houses. 13, 1-2.
- Subramanian, S. G., Eng, M., Krishnamurthy, V., & Akleman, E. (2019). Delaunay lofts. 1-2.
- Justice, M., & Akleman, E. (2018). A process to create dynamic landscape paintings using barycentric shading with control paintings. 30-30:1.
- Bielefeldt, B. R., Hartl, D. J., Akleman, E., & ASME, .. (2018). L-SYSTEM-GENERATED TOPOLOGY OPTIMIZATION OF COMPLIANT MECHANISMS USING GRAPH-BASED INTERPRETATION. 5B-2018,
Institutional Repository Documents3
- Akleman, E., & Çelik, H. (2019). DROPLETS: On the Importance of Droplet Position and Orientation for Effective Visual Storytelling.
- Akleman, E., & Castro, F. (2019). PEPPER WRECK: Story of Seventeen Century Portgues Nau.
- Earhart, A., Ives, M., Burkart, P., Ezell, M., Harner, J., Ramasubramanian, S., ... Vedlitz, A. (2009). Texas Center for Digital Humanities and New Media.
- Eason, Anthony Dalton (2018-12). Creating Entertaining Animations for Safety Education. (Master's Thesis)
- Justice, Matthew Scott (2018-12). A Process to Create Dynamic Landscape Paintings Using Barycentric Shading with Control Paintings. (Master's Thesis)
- Sargunam, Shyam Prathish (2018-05). Evaluating Semi-Natural Travel and Viewing Techniques in Virtual Reality. (Master's Thesis)