education and training
- Ph.D. in Comparative Literature and Chinese Literature, University of California, San Diego - (San Diego, California, United States) 2015
- M.A. in Asian Studies, Seton Hall University - (South Orange, New Jersey, United States) 2006
- Lei, J (2022). Colonial Stereotypes and Martialized Intellectual Masculinity in Late Qing and Early Republican China. Modern China. 48(2), 420-454.
- Lei, J (2018). Capitalizing China: Writing Autography into World Literature. MODERN CHINESE LITERATURE AND CULTURE. 30(1), 87-109.
- Lei, J (2015). "Natural" Curves: Breast-Binding and Changing Aesthetics of the Female Body in China of the Early Twentieth Century. MODERN CHINESE LITERATURE AND CULTURE. 27(1), 163-223.
- Chou, C., Wang, J., & Lei, J (2014). First Step An Elementary Reader for Modern Chinese. Princeton University Press.
- Chou, C. P., Wang, J., & Lei, J (2014). First Step: Workbook for Modern Chinese. Princeton University Press.
- Lei, J. (2013). Producing Norms, Defining Beauty: The Role of Science in the Regulation of the Female Body and Sexuality in Liangyou and Furen Huabao. Pickowicz, P., Shen, K., & Zhang, Y. (Eds.), Liangyou, Kaleidoscopic Modernity and the Shanghai Global Metropolis, 1926-1945. 111-132. BRILL.
- Arts and Humanities Fellowship awarded by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2018 - 2021
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; International Studies Department; 4215 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4215