- Zhu, X., Yu, C., Lee, C., & Lu, Z. (2020). From Walkable Communities to Active Lifestyles: Exploring Causal Pathways through a Case Study in Austin, Texas. Journal of Planning Education and Research. 0739456X1990052-0739456X1990052.
- Zhu, X., Yoshikawa, A., Qiu, L., Lu, Z., Lee, C., & Ory, M. (2020). Healthy workplaces, active employees: A systematic literature review on impacts of workplace environments on employees physical activity and sedentary behavior. Building and Environment. 168, 106455-106455.
- Lu, Z., Rodiek, S., Shepley, M. M., & Tassinary, L. G. (2015). Environmental influences on indoor walking behaviours of assisted living residents. Building Research & Information. (5), 602-615.
- Zhu, X., Lu, Z., Yu, C., Lee, C., & Mann, G. (2013). Walkable communities: Impacts on residents' physical and social health: Researchers from Texas A&M University studied residents in a newly developed 'walkable community' in Austin, Texas to see how it changed their habits for physical activity and whether it increased social interaction and cohesion in the community.. World health design. 6(3), 68-75.
- Lu, Z., Rodiek, S. D., Shepley, M. M., & Duffy, M. (2011). Influences of Physical Environment on Corridor Walking Among Assisted Living Residents. Journal of Applied Gerontology. (4), 463-484.