I direct the Stem/Progenitor Cell Standardization Core (SPCS). Our group is addressing the variability of the conditions under which mesenchymal stem/progenitor cells (MSCs) are isolated and expanded though our NIH/NCRR grant to distribute well characterized, standardized preparations of MSCs from humans, rats and mice to researchers throughout the world. Additionally, we are developing and testing methods of scaling up production of MSCs while maintaining their desired characteristics to be incorporated in our Good Manufacturing Practice facility, where cells will be produced for Clinical Trials.
- Choi, H., Phillips, C., Oh, J. Y., Potts, L., Reger, R. L., Prockop, D. J., & Fulcher, S. (2019). Absence of Therapeutic Benefit of the Anti-Inflammatory Protein TSG-6 for Corneal Alkali Injury in a Rat Model. Current Eye Research. 1-9.
- Yun, Y. I., Park, S. Y., Lee, H. J., Ko, J. H., Kim, M. K., Wee, W. R., ... Oh, J. Y. (2017). Comparison of the anti-inflammatory effects of induced pluripotent stem cellâ€“derived and bone marrowâ€“derived mesenchymal stromal cells in a murine model of corneal injury. CYTOTHERAPY. 19(1), 28-35.
- Ullah, M., Kuroda, Y., Bartosh, T. J., Liu, F., Zhao, Q., Gregory, C., ... Prockop, D. J. (2017). IPS-derived MSCS from an expandable bank to deliver a prodrug-converting enzyme that limits growth and metastases of human breast cancers. Cell Death Discovery. 3(1), 16064-16064.
- Reger, R. L., & Prockop, D. J. (2014). Should Publications on Mesenchymal Stem/Progenitor Cells Include In-Process Data on the Preparation of the Cells?. Stem Cells Transl Med. 3(5), 632-635.
- Horie, M., Choi, H., Lee, R. H., Reger, R. L., Ylostalo, J., Muneta, T., Sekiya, I., & Prockop, D. J. (2012). Intra-articular injection of human mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) promote rat meniscal regeneration by being activated to express Indian hedgehog that enhances expression of type II collagen. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. 20(10), 1197-1207.
- Prockop, D. J., & Reger, R. L. (2013). MSCs: Changing hypotheses, paradigms, and controversies on mechanisms of action in repairing tissues. Mesenchymal Stromal Cells: Biology and Clinical Applications. (pp. 17-42).