My research focuses on the teaching and learning process, the change process, and the study of evaluation. Scholarly engagement revolves around dissemination of new knowledge in these areas, often as a result of grant-funded projects. Venues for my scholarship include journal articles, conference papers, conference abstracts, conference and meeting presentations, and educational media.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Education, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1997
- M.S. in Agricultural Education, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1993
- B.S. in Agricultural Development, Texas A&M University at Galveston - (Galveston, Texas, United States) 1992
- Murphrey, T. P., Koswatta, T. J., Dooley, K. E., & Edgar, L. D. (2018). An Analysis of Evaluation Methods Implemented in Studies Published in the Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education from 1994 to 2018: A 25 Year Review. Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education. 25(4), 27-39.
- Seiler-Martinez, A., Murphrey, T. P., Wingenbach, G., & Lombardini, L. (2018). Barrier Analysis as a Tool to Inform Extension Activity Planning: Insights from Guatemala. Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education. 25(2), 7-10.
- Leggette, H. R., Hall, S. T., & Murphrey, T. P. (2017). A Case Study of Indonesian Journalists’ Participation in a Cochran Fellowship Program focused on Biotechnology and Journalism. Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education. 52-66.
- Wu, Y. J., Outley, C., Matarrita-Cascante, D., & Murphrey, T. P. (2016). A Systematic Review of Recent Research on Adolescent Social Connectedness and Mental Health with Internet Technology Use. Adolescent Research Review. 1(2), 153-162.
- Murphrey, T., Odom, S., & Sledd, J. (2016). An Examination of University Agricultural Education Faculty Attitudes toward the Implementation of High Impact Learning Experiences. Journal of Agricultural Education. 57(3), 162-179.
- Chang, Ruei-Ping (2017-08). An Examination of Undergraduate Students' Perceptions of Technology Use in Online Learning. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Dewald, Stacey (2016-12). Identifying Texas Landowners' Preferred Communication Channels, Motivations, and Barriers to Adopting Best Management Practices Related to Watershed Based Plans. (Master's Thesis)
- McGuill, Peter James (2015-12). An Evaluation of a Texas Agricultural Leadership Program: Determining Program Impacts on Alumni. (Doctoral Dissertation)