education and training
- Cert. in High-Impact Principles and Practices for STEM Education, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 2015
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Virginia Tech - Wake Forest University - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 2014
- M.S.E. in Biomedical Engineering (Biotechnology), University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 2008
- B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering, Anna University, Chennai - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) 2006
- Raghavan, S., & Bitar, K. N. (2014). The influence of extracellular matrix composition on the differentiation of neuronal subtypes in tissue engineered innervated intestinal smooth muscle sheets. Biomaterials. 35(26), 7429-7440.
- Gilmont, R. R., Raghavan, S., Somara, S., & Bitar, K. N. (2014). Bioengineering of Physiologically Functional Intrinsically Innervated Human Internal Anal Sphincter Constructs. TISSUE ENGINEERING PART A. 20(11-12), 1603-1611.
- Bitar, K. N., Raghavan, S., & Zakhem, E. (2014). Tissue Engineering in the Gut: Developments in Neuromusculature. GASTROENTEROLOGY. 146(7), 1614-1624.
- Raghavan, S., Miyasaka, E. A., Gilmont, R. R., Somara, S., Teitelbaum, D. H., & Bitar, K. N. (2014). Perianal implantation of bioengineered human internal anal sphincter constructs intrinsically innervated with human neural progenitor cells. SURGERY. 155(4), 668-674.
- Zakhem, E., Raghavan, S., & Bitar, K. N. (2014). Neo-innervation of a bioengineered intestinal smooth muscle construct around chitosan scaffold. Biomaterials. 35(6), 1882-1889.
- Mehta, P., Novak, C., Raghavan, S., Ward, M., & Mehta, G. (2018). Self-Renewal and CSCs In Vitro Enrichment: Growth as Floating Spheres. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.). Papaccio, G., & Desiderio, V. (Eds.), Cancer Stem Cells. (pp. 61-75). Springer New York.
recent teaching activities