education and training
- Cert. in High-Impact Principles and Practices for STEM Education, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 2015
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Virginia Tech - Wake Forest University - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 2014
- M.S.E. in Biomedical Engineering (Biotechnology), University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 2008
- B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering, Anna University, Chennai - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) 2006
- Zakhem, E., Raghavan, S., Suhar, R. A., & Bitar, K. N. (2019). Bioengineering and regeneration of gastrointestinal tissue: where are we now and what comes next?. EXPERT OPINION ON BIOLOGICAL THERAPY. 19(6), 527-537.
- Bregenzer, M. E., Horst, E. N., Mehta, P., Novak, C. M., Raghavan, S., Snyder, C. S., & Mehta, G. (2019). Integrated cancer tissue engineering models for precision medicine. PLoS ONE. 14(5), e0216564-e0216564.
- Shalev, O., Raghavan, S., Mazzara, J. M., Senabulya, N., Sinko, P. D., Fleck, E., ... Shtein, M. (2017). Printing of small molecular medicines from the vapor phase. Nature Communications. 8(1), 711.
- Raghavan, S., Mehta, P., Ward, M. R., Bregenzer, M. E., Fleck, E., Tan, L., ... Mehta, G. (2017). Personalized Medicine Based Approach to Model Patterns of Chemoresistance and Tumor Recurrence Using Ovarian Cancer Stem Cell Spheroids. Clinical Cancer Research. 23(22), clincanres.0133.2017-6945.
- Rego, S. L., Raghavan, S., Zakhem, E., & Bitar, K. N. (2017). Enteric neural differentiation in innervated, physiologically functional, smooth muscle constructs is modulated by bone morphogenic protein 2 secreted by sphincteric smooth muscle cells. Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. 11(4), 1251-1261.
- Mehta, P., Novak, C., Raghavan, S., Ward, M., & Mehta, G. (2018). Self-Renewal and CSCs In Vitro Enrichment: Growth as Floating Spheres. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.). Papaccio, G., & Desiderio, V. (Eds.), Cancer Stem Cells. (pp. 61-75). Springer New York.
recent teaching activities