Our laboratory studies how cells receive and process information from their chemical and physical environments under normal and disease conditions. In particular, our research interests focus on understanding the biochemical properties and cellular functions of GTP-binding proteins (small and heterotrimeric), their receptors and signaling pathways in cell growth, proliferation, and differentiation. Our current projects include: 1) G-protein coupled receptors and signaling pathways in cell growth and differentiation; 2) Biochemical properties and cellular functions of GTP-binding proteins, their regulators and effectors in normal and human disease conditions; 3) Molecular mechanisms of human stem cell differentiation. A multi-faceted approach (biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, genetics, and mouse models) is taken in our studies, with the ultimate goal of understanding the regulation of cell growth, differentiation, and proliferation.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute - (Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1994
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, University of Maryland, College Park - (College Park, Maryland, United States) 1992
- M.S. in , Hunan Normal University - (Changsha, China) 1985
- B.S. in , Hunan Normal University - (Changsha, China) 1982
- Yang, J., Yu, W., Hu, L., Liu, W., Lin, X., Wang, W., ... Zhang, H. (2020). Discovery and Characterization of 1H-1,2,3-Triazole Derivatives as Novel Prostanoid EP4 Receptor Antagonists for Cancer Immunotherapy.. JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY.
- Sun, P., He, L., Jia, K., Yue, Z., Li, S., Jin, Y., ... Luo, J. (2020). Regulation of body length and bone mass by Gpr126/Adgrg6.. Science advances. 6(12), eaaz0368-eaaz0368.
- Guo, W., Xing, Y., Zhang, Q., Xie, J., Huang, D., Gu, H., ... Chen, Y. (2020). Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of B-Cell Lymphoma 6 Inhibitors of N-Phenyl-4-pyrimidinamine Derivatives Bearing Potent Activities against Tumor Growth.. JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY. 63(2), 676-695.
- Zhang, L., Liang, C., Xu, P., Liu, M., Xu, F., & Wang, X. (2019). Characterization of in vitro Mrp2 transporter model based on intestinal organoids. Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology. 108, 104449-104449.
- Wang, X., Lv, F., Li, T., Han, Y., Yi, Z., Liu, M., Chang, J., & Wu, C. (2019). Correction to Electrospun Micropatterned Nanocomposites Incorporated with Cu2S Nanoflowers for Skin Tumor Therapy and Wound Healing.. ACS NANO.
- Lu, J., Liu, M., & Wang, X. (2017). Gene targeting on CYP2C locus in rats using the CRISPR/CAS9 system. CRISPR: Advances in Research and Applications. (pp. 95-111).
- Luo, J., & Liu, M. (2013). Dietary plant maslinic acid in ovariectomy model of menopause. Nutrition and Diet in Menopause. (pp. 441-450).
- Tian, X., Xin, M., Luo, J., Liu, M., & Jiang, Z. (2017). Identification of Genes Involved in Breast Cancer Metastasis by Integrating Protein-Protein Interaction Information with Expression Data. Journal of Computational Biology. 24(2), 172-182.
- Morosetti, R., Gliubizzi, C., Broccolini, A., Gidaro, T., Tonali, P. A., Liu, M., Ricci, E., & Mirabella, M. (2008). Transient overexpression of the Rho family exchange factor GEFT stimulates myogenic differentiation of inclusion-body myositis (IBM) mesoangioblasts. NEUROMUSCULAR DISORDERS. 18(9-10), 770-770.