Our goal is to determine how proteins function in space and time in the context of complex cellular networks. We focus on chemistry-driven approaches to manipulate protein structure beyond what is feasible with standard genetics. In particular, we use semi-synthetic light-activatable proteins as biophysical probes to investigate protein mechanisms inside living cells. Areas of interest include the important but poorly understood process of protein S-acylation, signal transduction, and protein trafficking.
- Arora, M., Ganugula, R., Kumar, N., Kaur, G., Pellois, J. P., Garg, P., & Ravi Kumar, M. (2019). Next-Generation Noncompetitive Nanosystems Based on Gambogic Acid: In Silico Identification of Transferrin Receptor Binding Sites, Regulatory Shelf Stability, and Their Preliminary Safety in Healthy Rodents. ACS Appl Bio Mater. 2(8), 3540-3550.
- Pellois, J. (2019). Efficient and Innocuous Live-Cell Delivery: Making Membrane Barriers Disappear to Enable Cellular Biochemistry: How Better Cellular Delivery Tools Can Contribute to Precise and Quantitative Cell Biology Assays.. BIOESSAYS. 41(6), e1900031-1900031.
- Brock, D. J., Kondow-McConaghy, H. M., Hager, E. C., & Pellois, J. (2019). Endosomal Escape and Cytosolic Penetration of Macromolecules Mediated by Synthetic Delivery Agents.. Bioconjugate Chemistry. 30(2), 293-304.
- Fang, Y. u., Lian, X., Huang, Y., Fu, G., Xiao, Z., Wang, Q. i., ... Zhou, H. (2018). Investigating Subcellular Compartment Targeting Effect of Porous Coordination Cages for Enhancing Cancer Nanotherapy. Small. 14(47), e1802709-1802709.
- Allen, J. K., Brock, D. J., Kondow-McConaghy, H. M., & Pellois, J. (2018). Efficient Delivery of Macromolecules into Human Cells by Improving the Endosomal Escape Activity of Cell-Penetrating Peptides: Lessons Learned from dfTAT and its Analogs.. Biomolecules. 8(3), 50-50.