education and training
- Ph.D. in Second Language Acquisition and Teaching, University of Arizona - (Tucson, Arizona, United States) 2005
- M.A. in Teaching English as a Second Language, Monterey Institute of International Studies - (Monterey, California, United States) 1997
- B.S. in Business Administration/International Business, San Jose State University - (San José, California, United States) 1990
- Porretta, V., Tremblay, A., & Bolger, P. (2017). Got experience? PMN amplitudes to foreign-accented speech modulated by listener experience. Journal of Neurolinguistics. 44, 54-67.
- Hendrix, P., Bolger, P., & Baayen, H. (2017). Distinct ERP Signatures of Word Frequency, Phrase Frequency, and Prototypicality in Speech Production. J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn. 43(1), 128-149.
- MIWA, K., DIJKSTRA, T., BOLGER, P., & BAAYEN, R. H. (2013). Reading English with Japanese in mind: Effects of frequency, phonology, and meaning in different-script bilinguals*. Bilingualism Language and Cognition. 17(3), 445-463.
- Kim, E., & Bolger, P. (2012). Examining the Facilitative Effect of Semantic Context on Sentence Reading in Aphasia using Eye-Tracking. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. 61, 58-59.
- Bolger, P. A., & Zapata, G. C. (2011). Psycholinguistic Approaches to Language Processing in Heritage Speakers. Heritage Language Journal. 8(1), 1-29.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Psychology; 4235 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4235