Sansom, Garett individual record
Research Assistant Professor
- Research Assistant Professor, Environmental and Occupational Health, School of Public Health
education and training
- Dr.P.H. in Epidemiology and Environmental Health, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2016
- M.P.H. in Epidemiology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2012
- B.A. in Philosophy (Cum Laude), St. Edward's University - (Austin, Texas, United States) 2006
- Sansom, G. T., Fawkes, L. S., Thompson, C. M., Losa, L. M., McDonald, T. J., & Chiu, W. A. (2023). Cancer risk associated with soil distribution of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons within three environmental justice neighborhoods in Houston, Texas.. Environmental Geochemistry and Health: official journal of the Society for Environmental Geochemistry and Health. 45(2), 1-342.
- Prybutok, S., Newman, G., Atoba, K., Sansom, G., & Tao, Z. (2021). Combining Co$ting Nature and Suitability Modeling to Identify High Flood Risk Areas in Need of Nature-Based Services.. Land. 10(8), 853-853.
- Sansom, G., & Hannibal, B. (2021). Disparate access to nutritional food; place, race and equity in the United States.. BMC Nutrition. 7(1), 29.
- Fawkes, L., & Sansom, G. (2021). Preliminary Study of Lead-Contaminated Drinking Water in Public Parks-An Assessment of Equity and Exposure Risks in Two Texas Communities.. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 18(12), 6443-6443.
- Sansom, G. T., Kirsch, K. R., Casillas, G. A., Camargo, K., Wade, T. L., Knap, A. H., Baker, E. S., & Horney, J. A. (2021). Spatial Distribution of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Contaminants after Hurricane Harvey in a Houston Neighborhood.. Journal of Health and Pollution. 11(29), 210308.
- Kirsch, K. R., Horney, J. A., Sansom, G. T., & Newman, G. D. (2020). Breaking down the walls: challenges and lessons learned in interdisciplinary research. Zandt, S. V., Masterson, J. H., Newman, G. D., & Meyer, M. A. (Eds.), Engaged Research for Community Resilience to Climate Change. 75-86. Elsevier.
- Horney, J. A., & Sansom, G. (2019). Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning. The Routledge Handbook of Urban Disaster Resilience. 179-186. Taylor & Francis.
- Sansom, G., & Portney, K. E. (2018). Sustainable Cities, Policies and Healthy Cities. Integrating Human Health into Urban and Transport Planning. 31-49. Springer Nature.
Repository Documents / Preprints1
- Sarnosky, K., Benden, M., Cizmas, L., Regan, A., & Sansom, G. (2021). Remote Work and the Environment: Exploratory Analysis of Indoor Air Quality of Commercial Offices and the Home Office.
in the news
recent teaching activities
- GEOG430 Environmental Justice Instructor
- PHEO685 Directed Studies Instructor
- PHEO686 Directed Research Instructor
- PHEO691 Research Instructor
- PHEO791 Doctoral Capstone Instructor
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental and Occupational Health; 3137 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-3137