Simmons, Krystal individual record
- Executive Director, Counseling and Assessment Clinic, Educational Psychology, College of Education and Human Development
- SPSY Director of Clinical Training, Educational Psychology, College of Education and Human Development
- Clinical Professor, Educational Psychology, College of Education and Human Development
education and training
- Ph.D. in School Psychology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2009
- B.A. in Sociology, Magna Cum Laude, Howard University - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) 2004
- Hames, J. L., Bell, D. J., Perez-Lima, L. M., Holm-Denoma, J. M., Rooney, T., Charles, N. E., ... Hoersting, R. C. (2020). Navigating uncharted waters: Considerations for training clinics in the rapid transition to telepsychology and telesupervision during COVID-19.. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration. 30(2), 348-365.
- Simmons, K. T., Douglas, D. Y., & Perdue, E. (2018). From Medicine to Education: Adapting Simulation-Based Training to the Professional Development Training Models for Educators. Journal of Childhood & Developmental Disorders. 04(02),
- Simmons, K. T., & Douglas, D. Y. (2018). After the Storm: Helping Children Cope with Trauma after Natural Disasters. Communique. 46(5), 23-25.
- Riccio, C. A., Cook, K. T., Fenning, P., & Harris, A. M. (2015). Determining Readiness for Internship: A Complex Process. Psychology in the Schools. 52(10), 998-1007.
- Cook, K. T. (2015). Discovering Opportunities in Times of Change: The Revision to Head Start's Performance Standards and its Implications to Future Childhood Development Research. Journal of Childhood & Developmental Disorders. 01(01),
- Doss, A. J., Cook, K. T., & McLeod, B. D. (2007). Diagnostic Issues. Hersen, M., & Reitman, D. (Eds.), Handbook of Psychological Assessment, Case Conceptualization, and Treatment, Volume 2: Children and Adolescents. (pp. 25-52). Wiley.
- Cook, K. T. (2007). Child Find. Reynolds, C. R., & Fletcher-Janzen, E. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Special Education, 3rd Edition. Wiley.
in the news
awards and honors
- Association of Former Students University-Level Distinguished Achievement Award, The conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - for Individual Student Relations 2020
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Watkins, Bianca Simone (2019-08). Impact of Head Start on African American Academic School Readiness: A Meta-Analysis. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ragan, Kelsey Marie (2019-08). A Meta-Analysis of School-Based, Behavioral Consultations for Externalizing Behaviors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Perdue, Elizabeth Anne (2019-08). TEACHER KNOWLEDGE OF AND ATTITUDES REGARDING STUDENT CONCUSSION AND THE RETURN TO LEARN PROTOCOL. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kearns, Amanda Catherine (2018-08). Student-Teacher Relationships, Parent-Child Relationships, Self-Regulation, and Social Competence in a Head Start Program. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Educational Psychology; 4225 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4225