My primary research, teaching and consulting interests are manufacturing and inventory systems as well as service operations, with emphasis on enterprise resource planning/supply chain management and health care systems management.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Production and Operations Management, Stanford University - (Stanford, California, United States) 1989
- M.S. in Production and Operations Management, Stanford University - (Stanford, California, United States) 1987
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology - (Atlanta, Georgia, United States) 1981
- B.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education - (Monterrey, Mexico) 1977
- Li, B. o., & Arreola-Risa, A. (2017). Financial risk, inventory decision and process improvement for a firm with random capacity. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OPERATIONAL RESEARCH. 260(1), 183-194.
- Arreola-Risa, A., & Keblis, M. F. (2013). Design of Stockless Production Systems. PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT. 22(1), 203-215.
- Arreola-Risa, A., Gimenez-Garcia, V. M., & Luis Martinez-Parra, J. (2011). Optimizing stochastic production-inventory systems: A heuristic based on simulation and regression analysis. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OPERATIONAL RESEARCH. 213(1), 107-118.
- Faaland, B. H., Schmitt, T. G., & Arreola-Risa, A. (2004). Economic lot scheduling with lost sales and setup times. IIE Transactions (Institute of Industrial Engineers). 36(7), 629-640.
- Doerr, K. H., & Arreola-Risa, A. (2000). A worker-based approach for modeling variability in task completion times. IIE Transactions (Institute of Industrial Engineers). 32(7), 625-636.
- Gaspar, J., Arreola-Risa, A., Bierman, L., Hise, R., & Kolari, J. (2013). Introduction to Global Business: Understanding the International Environment & Global Business Functions. Cengage Learning.
- Gaspar, J., Bierman, L., Kolari, J., Hise, R., Smith, L., & Arreola-Risa, A. (2005). Introduction to Business. Cengage Learning.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Li, Bo (2016-08). Essays in Operations Management: Applications in Health Care and the Operations-Finance Interface. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Abdulla, Saeed A. (2009-08). Strategies for Competitive Advantage and Supply Chain Management: Synergy Opportunities. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Brann, Jeremy Matthew (2008-05). Supply chain design: a conceptual model and tactical simulations. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Luna Coronado, Jaime (2007-12). An optimization model for strategic supply chain design under stochastic capacity disruptions. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Dept Of Information & Operations Management; 4217 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4217