Vestal, Tom individual record
Professor and Extension Specialist
- Professor and Extension Specialist, Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Research and teaching is guided by diffusion theory with foci on educational delivery strategies regarding agricultural biotechnology, food safety, food security, emergency management and livestock infectious disease response and recovery.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Education, Texas A&M University - Commerce - (Commerce, Texas, United States) 1998
- M.Ed. in Agricultural Education, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1982
- B.S. in Agricultural Education, Tarleton State University - (Stephenville, Texas, United States) 1977
- Blessington, T., Scheuring, D. C., Nzaramba, M. N., Hale, A. L., Reddivari, L., Vestal, T. A., Maxim, J. E., & Jr, M. (2015). The Use of Low-Dose Electron-Beam Irradiation and Storage Conditions for Sprout Control and their Effects on Xanthophylls, Antioxidant Capacity, and Phenolics in the Potato Cultivar Atlantic. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF POTATO RESEARCH. 92(5), 609-618.
- Moore, L. L., Murphrey, T. P., Degenhart, S. H., Vestal, T. A., & Loux, S. (2012). Characteristics of innovations: Lessons learned from a statewide mandatory implementation of the animal health network. Journal of Extension. 50(6),
- Laminack, J., Dainello, F., Degenhart, S. H., Vestal, T. A., & Wingenbach, G. (2008). Increasing positive perceptions of food irradiation: Appealing to one's affective domain. Journal of Extension. 46(4),
- Thompson, B. M., Ribera, K. P., Wingenbach, G. J., & Vestal, T. A. (2007). The Relationship between Attitudes, Knowledge, and Demographic Variables of High School Teachers Regarding Food Irradiation. Journal of Food Science Education. 6(2), 24-29.
- Laminack, J., Dainello, F., Vestal, T. A., & Wingenbach, G. (2006). Experiential Education Employed to Demystify Food Irradiation as a Viable Technology for Food Industry Professionals. HORTTECHNOLOGY. 16(2), 318-323.
Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service; Agriculture Education; 2116 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-2116