My research focuses on environmental chemistry, petroleum geochemistry, and general organic chemistry.
education and training
- Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1989
- Ph.D. in Oceanography, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1988
- M.S. in Oceanography, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1982
- B.S. in Marine Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1980
- Feng, M., Jinadatha, C., McDonald, T. J., & Sharma, V. K. (2018). Accelerated Oxidation of Organic Contaminants by Ferrate(VI): The Overlooked Role of Reducing Additives.. Environmental science & technology. 52(19), 11319-11327.
- Tolgyesi, A., Giri, A., Barta, E., McDonald, T. J., & Sharma, V. K. (2018). Determination of Thyreostats in Urine Using Supported Liquid Extraction and Mixed-Mode Cation-Exchange Solid-Phase Extraction: Screening and Confirmatory Methods. Journal of chromatographic science. 56(9), 858-866.
- Brewster, C. S., Sharma, V. K., Cizmas, L., & McDonald, T. J. (2018). Occurrence, distribution and composition of aliphatic and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in sediment cores from the Lower Fox River, Wisconsin, US. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 25(5), 4974-4988.
- Mendoza-Sanchez, I., Autenrieth, R. L., McDonald, T. J., & Cunningham, J. A. (2018). Biological Limitations of Dechlorination of cis-Dichloroethene during Transport in Porous Media.. Environmental science & technology. 52(2), 684-691.
- Horney, J. A., Casillas, G. A., Baker, E., Stone, K. W., Kirsch, K. R., Camargo, K., Wade, T. L., & McDonald, T. J. (2018). Comparing residential contamination in a Houston environmental justice neighborhood before and after Hurricane Harvey. PLoS ONE. 13(2), e0192660-e0192660.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Brewster, Chase Samuel (2015-08). Hydrocarbon Contamination Evaluation of River Sediment from the Lower Fox River, Wisconsin. (Master's Thesis)
- Reddick, Heather (2015-05). Public Health Assessment for the Indigenous People of the Chayanta Province of Bolivia. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Naspinski, Christine S. (2009-05). Toxicity Analysis of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Mixtures. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-1266