My research focuses on environmental chemistry, petroleum geochemistry, and general organic chemistry.
education and training
- Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1989
- Ph.D. in Oceanography, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1988
- M.S. in Oceanography, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1982
- B.S. in Marine Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1980
- Mcdonald, T. J., Kennicutt, M. C., Brooks, J. M., & Fay, R. R. (2013). Volatile organic compounds associated with petroleum seepage in surficial Gulf of Mexico Sediments. Whelan, J. K., & Farrington, J. W. (Eds.), Organic Matter: Productivity, Accumulation, and Preservation in Recent and Ancient Sediments. (pp. 433-452). Columbia University Press.
- McDonald, S. J., Wade, T. L., Brooks, J. M., & Mcdonald, T. J. (1991). Assessing the Exposure of Fish to a Petroleum Spill in Galveston Bay, Texas. Wrobel, L. C., & Brebbia, C. A. (Eds.), Water Pollution: Modelling, Measuring and Prediction. (pp. 707-718). Springer Netherlands.
- Cizmas, L., Gray, C., Sharma, V., & McDonald, T. (2017). Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide nanoparticles: Disinfection byproduct formation in synthetic freshwater. ACS Photonics. 253,
- Cichocki, J. A., Furuya, S., Luo, Y. S., Sweet, S., Wade, T., Knap, A., ... Rusyn, I. (2016). Xenobiotic metabolism in a mouse model of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A case study of the ubiquitous environmental contaminant tetrachloroethylene. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md.). 64, 800A-800A.
- Pulczinski, J., Rychlik, K., Ramani, T., McDonald, T., Carrillo-Zuniga, G., Koehler, K., Zietsman, J., & Johnson, N. (2016). Validation of novel biomarkers of traffic-related ambient air pollution exposure in a susceptible south Texas population. ACS Photonics. 252,
- Lessard, D., Aurand, D., Coelho, G., Clark, J., Bragin, G., Fuller, C., ... Steen, A. (2005). Design and implementation of a mesocosm experiment on the environmental consequences of nearshore dispersant use. 1609-1613.
- Page, C. A., Autenrieth, R. L., Bonner, J. S., & McDonald, T. (2005). Behavior of chemically dispersed oil in a wetland environment. 600-602.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Brewster, Chase Samuel (2015-08). Hydrocarbon Contamination Evaluation of River Sediment from the Lower Fox River, Wisconsin. (Master's Thesis)
- Reddick, Heather (2015-05). Public Health Assessment for the Indigenous People of the Chayanta Province of Bolivia. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Naspinski, Christine S. (2009-05). Toxicity Analysis of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Mixtures. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-1266