My research focuses on environmental chemistry, petroleum geochemistry, and general organic chemistry.
education and training
- Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1989
- Ph.D. in Oceanography, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1988
- M.S. in Oceanography, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1982
- B.S. in Marine Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1980
- Trueblood, A. B., Rincon, R., Perales, R., Hollingsworth, R., Miller, C., McDonald, T. J., & Cizmas, L. (2016). A Pilot Study of Changes in Environmental Knowledge and Behaviors among Head Start Employees and Parents Following Environmental Health Training in Webb County, TX. J Immigr Minor Health. 18(1), 135-142.
- Sansom, G., Berke, P., McDonald, T., Shipp, E., & Horney, J. (2016). Confirming the Environmental Concerns of Community Members Utilizing Participatory-Based Research in the Houston Neighborhood of Manchester. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 13(9), 839-839.
- Cizmas, L., Sharma, V. K., Gray, C. M., & McDonald, T. J. (2015). Pharmaceuticals and personal care products in waters: occurrence, toxicity, and risk. Environmental Chemistry Letters. 13(4), 381-394.
- Sharma, V. K., McDonald, T. J., Kim, H., & Garg, V. K. (2015). Magnetic graphene–carbon nanotube iron nanocomposites as adsorbents and antibacterial agents for water purification. ADVANCES IN COLLOID AND INTERFACE SCIENCE. 225, 229-240.
- Sharma, V. K., McDonald, T. J., Sohn, M., Anquandah, G., Pettine, M., & Zboril, R. (2015). Biogeochemistry of selenium. A review. Environmental Chemistry Letters. 13(1), 49-58.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Brewster, Chase Samuel (2015-08). Hydrocarbon Contamination Evaluation of River Sediment from the Lower Fox River, Wisconsin. (Master's Thesis)
- Reddick, Heather (2015-05). Public Health Assessment for the Indigenous People of the Chayanta Province of Bolivia. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Naspinski, Christine S. (2009-05). Toxicity Analysis of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Mixtures. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-1266