Peres, S Camille individual record
- Associate Professor, Environmental and Occupational Health, School of Public Health
My research focuses investigates performance implications for procedure design and use, Human Robotic Interaction in disaster environments, and measuring team performance in Emergency Operations.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Psychology, Rice University - (Houston, Texas, United States) 2005
- M.A. in Psychology, Rice University - (Houston, Texas, United States) 2005
- M.A. in Psychology, University of Houston-Clear Lake - (Houston, Texas, United States) 1996
- B.A. in Theatre, University of Houston-Clear Lake - (Houston, Texas, United States) 1990
- Ade, N., & Peres, S. C. (2022). A review of human reliability assessment methods for proposed application in quantitative risk analysis of offshore industries. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL ERGONOMICS. 87, 103238-103238.
- Son, C., Sasangohar, F., Peres, S. C., & Moon, J. (2022). Analyzing work-as-imagined and work-as-done of incident management teams using interaction episode analysis. THEORETICAL ISSUES IN ERGONOMICS SCIENCE. 1-29.
- Peres, S. C. (2022). Human Factors Guidance for Writing Effective Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures. ACS CHEMICAL HEALTH & SAFETY. 29(6), 476-484.
- Yang, Q., Peres, S. C., Wang, Q., & Dastidar, A. G. (2022). Process Safety from Bench to Pilot to Plant. ACS CHEMICAL HEALTH & SAFETY. 29(2), 110-113.
- Yang, Q., Peres, S. C., Wang, Q., & Dastidar, A. G. (2022). Process Safety from Bench to Pilot to Plant. ORGANIC PROCESS RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT. 26(2), 235-238.
- Peres, S. C., Jardina, J. R., & Titus, C. (2016). Utilizing the keyboard to issue commands: Do selfefficacy, goal orientation, and computer anxiety impact usage of efficient techniques with software?. Advances in Cognitive Ergonomics. 186-195.
- Peres, S. C., Best, V., Brock, D., Shinn-Cunningham, B., Frauenberger, C., Hermann, T., ... Stockman, T. (2008). Auditory Interfaces. HCI BEYOND THE GUI: DESIGN FOR HAPTIC, SPEECH, OLFACTORY, AND OTHER NONTRADITIONAL INTERFACES. 147-195. Elsevier.
- Lane, D. M., Sandor, A., & Peres, S. C. (2004). Sonification. Bainbridge, W. S. (Eds.), Berkshire Encyclopedia of Human-computer Interaction. 669-672. Berkshire Publishing Group LLC.
- Son, C., Moon, J., Sasangohar, F., & Peres, S. C. (2018). Identifying traces of resilient performance in incident management systems using episodes. Proceedings of the International ISCRAM Conference. 2018-May, 935-941.
- Moon, J., Peres, S. C., & Sasangohar, F. (2017). Defining Team Cognition in Emergency Response: A Scoping Literature Review. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. 61(1), 894-895.
- Shortz, A. E., Franke, M., Kilic, E. S., Peres, S. C., & Mehta, R. K. (2017). Evaluation of Offshore Shiftwork using Heart Rate Variability. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. 61(1), 1036-1039.
- Williams, J. P., Sasangohar, F., Peres, S. C., Smith, A., & Mannan, M. S. (2017). Investigating Written Procedures in Process Safety: Qualitative Data Analysis of Interviews from High Risk Facilities. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. 61(1), 1669-1670.
- Son, C., Sasangohar, F., & Peres, S. C. (2017). Redefining and Measuring Resilience in Emergency Management Systems. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. 61(1), 1651-1652.
in the news
- Do warning signs improve safety in the workplace? New study says no Research@Texas A&M February 23, 2022
- RAPID: Human-robotic interactions during Harvey recovery operations awarded by National Science Foundation 2017 - 2019
- Operation and Maintenance of the Ocean Energy Safety Institute (OESI) awarded by Department of Interior 2013 - 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
- ITDE691 Research Instructor
- ITDE691 Research:in-ab Instructor
- PBSI485 Directed Studies Instructor
- PBSI691 Research Instructor
- PHEO655 Human Factors Instructor
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-1266