My research focuses on systematic review methodology, cumulative meta-analysis, decison making sciences, evidence-based practice, and leadership studies.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Health Services Organization, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - (Houston, Texas, United States) 1986
- M.P.H. in Environmental Health Management, University of Hawaii at Manoa - (Honolulu, Hawaii, United States) 1982
- M.A. in Health Care Facilities Management, Webster University - (Webster Groves, Missouri, United States) 1978
- B.S. in Environmental Health, East Tennessee State University - (Johnson City, Tennessee, United States) 1975
- Yoshikawa, A., Ramirez, G., Smith, M. L., Lee, S., & Ory, M. G. (2020). Systematic review and meta-analysis of fear of falling and fall-related efficacy in a widely disseminated community-based fall prevention program. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics. 91, 104235-104235.
- Adetunji, S. A., Ramirez, G., Ficht, A. R., Perez, L., Foster, M. J., & Arenas-Gamboa, A. M. (2020). Building the Evidence Base for the Prevention of Raw Milk-Acquired Brucellosis: A Systematic Review. Front Public Health. 8, 76.
- Xu, Z., Banerjee, M., Ramirez, G., Zhu, G., & Wijekumar, K. (2019). The effectiveness of educational technology applications on adult English language learners’ writing quality: a meta-analysis. Computer Assisted Language Learning. 32(1-2), 1-31.
- Xu, Z., Wijekumar, K., Ramirez, G., Hu, X., & Irey, R. (2019). The effectiveness of intelligent tutoring systems on K‐12 students' reading comprehension: A meta‐analysis. British Journal of Educational Technology. 50(6), 3119-3137.
- Adetunji, S. A., Ramirez, G., Foster, M. J., & Arenas-Gamboa, A. (2019). A systematic review and meta-analysis of the prevalence of osteoarticular brucellosis. PLOS NEGLECTED TROPICAL DISEASES. 13(1), e0007112-e0007112.
- Mulrow, C. D., Ramirez, G., Cornell, J. E., & Allsup, K. (2001). Defining and managing chronic fatigue syndrome.. Evidence report technology assessment. (pp. 1-4).
- Linde, K., Clausis, N., Ramirez, G., Melchart, D., Eiter, F., Hedges, L. V., & Jonas, W. (1998). Overviews and meta-analyses of controlled clinical trials of homoeopathy. Earnst, E., Hahn, E. G., Brinkhaus, B., Hentschel, C., & Schindler, G. (Eds.), Homoeopathy A Critical Appraisal. (pp. 102-106). Butterworth-Heinemann Medical.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Department Of Public Health Studies; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-1266