My past research has examined problems in vehicle routing/scheduling, revenue management, auction of transportation services, inter-vehicle communication, multimodal transportation, trucker/shipper behavior, and traffic control and urban network optimization. The goal of my research is to advance understanding of the transportation system in terms of efficiency, reliability/resiliency and sustainability in a dynamic and stochastic context.
- Ma, C., Peng, Y., Wu, L., Guo, X., Wang, X., & Kong, X. (2022). Application of Machine Learning Techniques to Predict the Occurrence of Distraction-affected Crashes with Phone-Use Data. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. 2676(2), 692-705.
- Meng, Y. i., Wu, L., Ma, C., Guo, X., & Wang, X. B. (2022). A comparative analysis of intersection hotspot identification: Fixed vs. varying dispersion parameters in negative binomial models. Journal of Transportation Safety & Security. 14(2), 305-322.
- Xiao, X., Zhang, Y., Wang, X. B., Yang, S., & Chen, T. (2021). Hierarchical Longitudinal Control for Connected and Automated Vehicles in Mixed Traffic on a Signalized Arterial. Sustainability. 13(16), 8852-8852.
- Miao, Q., Li, Y., & Wang, X. B. (2018). RESTAURANT RESERVATION MANAGEMENT CONSIDERING TABLE COMBINATION. Pesquisa Operacional. 38(1), 73-86.
- Wang, X. B., Li, Y., Quadrifoglio, L., & Yin, K. (2018). Distribution product packaging to maximize net revenue. Computers & Industrial Engineering. 121, 150-160.
- PEGASAS FAA General Aviation Research Center of Excellence awarded by DOT-Federal Aviation Administration 2012 - 2020
- Khodakarami, Mohammadadel (2016-08). Waterway System Maintenance Optimization. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cao, Xiaowei (2015-12). Estimating Vehicle Miles of Travel on Low Functional Classes of Roadways. (Master's Thesis)
- Wang, Wen (2015-12). Link Travel Time Estimation Based on Network Entry/Exit Time Stamps of Trips. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhong, Chujun (2014-12). A Maximum Likelihood Method with Penalty to Estimate Link Travel Time Based on Trip Itinerary Data. (Master's Thesis)
- Qian, Jiayu (2013-12). Estimating Vehicle Miles Traveled on Local Roads. (Master's Thesis)