My research interests include information literacy, assessment, scalability of instruction and outreach, and outreach to special populations, especially veterans.
education and training
- Ziegenfuss, D. H., & LeMire, S. (2020). Information Literacy and Instruction: Backward Design: A Must-Have Library Instructional Design Strategy for Your Pedagogical and Teaching Toolbox. Reference and User Services Quarterly. 59(2), 107-112.
- LeMire, S., Graves, S. J., Buckner, S., Freeman, D. D., & Smith, G. L. (2020). Basic training: A library orientation designed for student veterans. Journal of Academic Librarianship. 46(4), 102137-102137.
- LeMire, S., & Ballestro, J. M. (2019). Insourcing library outreach: Engaging technical services in outreach to student organizations. College and Undergraduate Libraries. 26(2), 1-13.
- LeMire, S., Sullivan, T. D., & Kotinek, J. (2019). Embracing the Spiral: An Action Research Assessment of a Library-Honors First Year Collaboration. Journal of Academic Librarianship. 45(5), 102042-102042.
- LeMire, S., & Graves, S. J. (2019). Mapping Out a Strategy: Curriculum Mapping Applied to Outreach and Instruction Programs. College & Research Libraries. 80(2), 273-288.
- LeMire, S., Graves, S. J., Farrell, S. L., & Mastel, K. L. (2018). SPEC Kit 361: Outreach and Engagement. Association of Research Libraries.
- LeMire, S., & Mulvihill, K. J. (2017). Serving Those Who Served: Librarian's Guide to Working with Veteran and Military Communities. ABC-CLIO.
- LeMire, S., & Rutledge, L. (2020). Exploring Service-Learning with Dance Students. Vong, S., & Vrkljan, M. (Eds.), Learning Beyond the Classroom: Engaging Students in Information Literacy through Co-Curricular Activities. (pp. 151-164). ACRL.
- LeMire, S., Graves, S. J., & Medlin, Z. C. (2018). Chapter 21 Be All That You Can Be Targeting Library Orientations to Military Cadets. Bailin, K., Jahre, B., & Morris, S. (Eds.), Planning Library Orientations. (pp. 205-211). Chandos Publishing.
- Medlin, Z. C., Graves, S. J., & LeMire, S. (2018). Strategy, intentionality, and impact: A purchasing plan for library promotional swag. Sittler, R., & Rogerson, T. R. (Eds.), The Library Outreach Casebook. (pp. 79-87). Association of College and research Libraries.
- LeMire, S., Gilbert, S., Graves, S., & Faultry-Okonkwo, T. (2017). Selfie as Guide: Using Mobile Devices to Promote Active Learning and Student Engagement. Mobile Technology and Academic Libraries: Innovative Services for Research and Learning. (pp. 55-71). Association of College and research Libraries.
- Rutledge, L., & LeMire, S. (2016). Finding the Right Ingredients: Using Discovery Layers to Find Different Types of Sources. Fawley, N., & Krysak, N. (Eds.), The Discovery Tool Cookbook: Recipes for Successful Lesson Plans. (pp. 51-53). Association of College and research Libraries.
- LeMire, S. (2015). Beyond Service: New Outreach Strategies to Reach Student Veterans. 66-71.
- Rutledge, L., Mowdood, A., & LeMire, S. (2015). Dare to Perform: Using Organizational Competencies to Manage Job Performance. 160-167.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Libraries; 5000 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-5000