Aymen Elsheikh is a classroom teacher and teacher educator with a wide range of research interests. This research has investigated issues of translanguaging in English medium instruction contexts, writing centers in the Gulf region, language teacher knowledge and identity, motivation, investment, and identity development of second language learners and teachers, teachers and students' perceptions of teaching English as an international language, language teachers' associations, among others. He has given numerous conference presentations on these topics, as he is a frequent invited speaker at international conferences.
Elsheikh is also involved in leadership and professional development projects. He has recently won the prestigious Leadership and Mentoring Program Award from TESOL International, the world's preeminent English language teaching association.
- Ph.D. in Literacy, Culture, and Language Education, Indiana University Bloomington - (Bloomington, Indiana, United States) 2012
- M.S. in Teaching English as a Foreign/Second Language (TEFL/TESL), Southern New Hampshire University - (Manchester, New Hampshire, United States) 2005
- Graham, K. M., Elsheikh, A., & Eslami, Z. R (2020). Reflections on the Mobilities, Immobilities, Inequalities, and Traveling Ideas in Qatar. The Journal of AsiaTEFL. 17(2), 626-634.
- Elsheikh, A. E. (2015). Teachers Perceptions of Teaching English as an International Language (TEIL). International Journal of Bilingual and Multilingual Teachers of English. (2), 131-141.
- Elsheikh, A., & Yahia, E (2020). Language Teacher Professional Identity. Second Language Learning and Teaching. Coombe, C., Anderson, N. J., & Stephenson, L. (Eds.), Second Language Learning and Teaching. 27-38. Springer International Publishing.
- Elsheikh, A., & Effiong, O (2018). Teacher Development Through Language Teacher Associations: Lessons from Africa. Second Language Learning and Teaching. Elsheikh, A., Coombe, C., & Effiong, O. (Eds.), Second Language Learning and Teaching. 71-86. Springer International Publishing.
- Elsheikh, A., & Mascaro, J. (2018). A Critical Rereading of the History of Writing Centers in the UAE. Writing Centers in the Higher Education Landscape of the Arabian Gulf. 21-39. Springer International Publishing.
- Elsheikh, A (2018). Rubrics. The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching. 1-8. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Elsheikh, A. (2016). Teacher Education and the Development of Teacher Identity. Crandall, J., & Christison, M. (Eds.), Teacher Education and Professional Development in TESOL. 37-52. Routledge.
- Bayes, S., Aloudeh, J., & Elsheikh, A. (2020). Paper: Engineering Students Perceptions about Female Professors: Insights from the Arabian Gulf. 2020 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access Proceedings, 2020 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access.